Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2007 12:10:36 PM EDT
Is the CZ-75 compact about the same size as the G19?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The CZ is a bit longer and maybe a little thicker.  But it makes up by being much more comfortable and a much better trigger.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Roughly the same size but heavier.  Tried one on for size at the last show.  Not bad.  Decent price ($300 used).  But I already have more nines than I have time to shoot so I let it go.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright, thanks guys.

I'm thinking really hard about getting a CZ-75 and maybe a CZ-75 Compact as well. What can one expect to pay from a typical local dealer?

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
GLOCK 19 Baby ...

Thats the model I would go and CHEAPO MAGS !!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
GLOCK 19 Baby ...

+1

The CZ feels like it weighs twice as much as the G19.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GLOCK 19 Baby ...

+1

The CZ feels like it weighs twice as much as the G19.

Not quite twice as much.  But that is to be expected from a metal framed pistol when compared to a polymer one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]

The P01 which is very similar and  is not much more in weight than my Glock 19 at all and it smokes my Glock when it comes to accuracy and is more comfortable with the factory rubber grips. I will take the CZ any day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 3:55:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Alright, thanks guys.

I'm thinking really hard about getting a CZ-75 and maybe a CZ-75 Compact as well. What can one expect to pay from a typical local dealer?

Both can be found with sub $500 price tags.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:04:25 AM EDT
[#9]
CDNN has used CZ-75  that I assume are trade-ins for $250, maybe I'll get one and see how I like it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Alright, thanks guys.

Both can be found with sub $500 price tags.  

Yes. In some places you can get them for about $400 and the P01 should run about $50 more.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
CDNN has used CZ-75  that I assume are trade-ins for $250, maybe I'll get one and see how I like it.

Thanks!

Those appear to be the pre-B CZ-75's, Chris.  Just to be sure, give them a call and check, because the modern CZ pistol has a slightly different magazine than the older ones.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I am going to go ahead and guess that they are already sold out, those Pre-Bs at CDNN usually dont last long.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

Those appear to be the pre-B CZ-75's, Chris.  Just to be sure, give them a call and check, because the modern CZ pistol has a slightly different magazine than the older ones.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#13]
To answer the original question, the CZ-75 compact is thinner than the glock, but heavier.  The glock has the advantage of having lower profile controls, as the glock lacks a manual safety and the protruding safety lever.

The lengths are pretty similar.

The PCR or P01 are nearly as light as a glock, but they are about as thick since the aluminum frame is thicker than the steel frame to make up for lost strength.

hope that helps.

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

Damn. So the mags aren't compatible? I don't want to get one of these and find it takes totally different mags than another I may buy in the future.

Quoted:
To answer the original question, the CZ-75 compact is thinner than the glock, but heavier.  The glock has the advantage of having lower profile controls, as the glock lacks a manual safety and the protruding safety lever.

The lengths are pretty similar.

The PCR or P01 are nearly as light as a glock, but they are about as thick since the aluminum frame is thicker than the steel frame to make up for lost strength.

hope that helps.

Thank you sir, that is exactly what I wanted to know!
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#15]
So are you certain that the mags aren't compatible?

I haven't seen any mags out there labeled "pre-B" or "post-B"  magazines, just plain CZ-75 magazines.

Can anyone confirm this?

I'm gonna give the trade-in from CDNN a shot, but don't want to commit if I can't use available mags in it, especially because if I like it as much as I think I will, I'll be having a few more of them.

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#16]
New Factory CZ-75 magazines work fine in my pre-B .
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
New Factory CZ-75 magazines work fine in my pre-B .

I think the problem is using old mags in the newer guns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So are you certain that the mags aren't compatible?

I haven't seen any mags out there labeled "pre-B" or "post-B"  magazines, just plain CZ-75 magazines.

Can anyone confirm this?

I'm gonna give the trade-in from CDNN a shot, but don't want to commit if I can't use available mags in it, especially because if I like it as much as I think I will, I'll be having a few more of them.

So does CDNN still have any CZ-75s?  If so I might have to pick one up.

The modern magazines usually work in the Pre-Bs, but most of the time they are too tight to drop free.  Sometimes they are too tight to insert.  All my mec-gar mags have worked in my Pre-B, they just dont drop free.  Also, the frame can be modified to make the mags drop free.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:29:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Spacemanspiff- how involved is modding the frame?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Spacemanspiff- how involved is modding the frame?

It requires some skill.

Put some machinists dye on the mags that are sticking and insert them into the frame.

The dye will show where the mag is sticking.  Remove metal from the frame there.

If you need any further explanation than that, I probably wouldnt try it yourself because ruining a gun would be no fun.

Also, remember that the magazine brake spring is designed to retain the mags anyway, so remove that before you try this.

Very little metal will need to be removed.

When you are done and the mags all drop free nicely, you will need to either bend the mag brake flat or get a new drop free mag brake, or your mags still arent going to drop free.

cold blue afterwards.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Just some file work, then, that's not too bad.  I had to re-bend the mag brake on my CZ-85B to make my mags(mec-gar) drop free.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Have you considered the RAMI. I have had a P-01 in 9mm and now have a RAMI in 9mm. The RAMI is much smaller, but I don't notice a difference in accuracy between the RAMI and the P-01. Weight has never been an issue with either gun for me. I like the extended magazines for the RAMI. I get 14+1. I would like to get a few 10 round magazines that fit flush just for the hell of it. You don't get an eccessorie rail with the RAMI, but that doesn't matter too much to me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:13:02 AM EDT
[#23]
That's a sweet looking little pistol, I've no doubt it shoots great as well.

If I can get some of those mags that extend the grip like yours, I'll definately look at the RAMI. I don't care for guns that I can't get three of my fingers around  the front strap.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
That's a sweet looking little pistol, I've no doubt it shoots great as well.

If I can get some of those mags that extend the grip like yours, I'll definately look at the RAMI. I don't care for guns that I can't get three of my fingers around  the front strap.

It comes with two 14 round magazines with the extended grip.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Without a list of details, and some of it is 'magic hand fit', I am delighted with the CZ Compact I have compared to the Glock I used to own. The basic compact and 75b are 350ish at some shows. My compact also takes the factory 25rnd party mags and the kadet kit for cheap .22 with the same grip/frame/trigger as the duty gun.

+1.  And if you are still finding new ones for $350 then buy as many as you can.  They are running $450 in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I want to point out that the RAMI has a lesser reputation for reliability than the compact cz75s and the fullsize ones.  Something to think about.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Glock 19

CZ Compact

The "Ask Price" is pretty close to actual price IMO.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Have you considered the RAMI. I have had a P-01 in 9mm and now have a RAMI in 9mm. The RAMI is much smaller, but I don't notice a difference in accuracy between the RAMI and the P-01. Weight has never been an issue with either gun for me. I like the extended magazines for the RAMI. I get 14+1. I would like to get a few 10 round magazines that fit flush just for the hell of it. You don't get an eccessorie rail with the RAMI, but that doesn't matter too much to me.
rickyanddana.com/misc/001.jpg

Never shot one of these, but it's damn pretty!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I want to point out that the RAMI has a lesser reputation for reliability than the compact cz75s and the fullsize ones.  Something to think about.

First time I heard that. Never had a problem with mine. What kind of reliability issues are they?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First time I heard that. Never had a problem with mine. What kind of reliability issues are they?

The vast majority work fine, but some have feeding issues.

Read around over here for more info:

p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm66

I have never owned one myself, and I am a big CZ-75 fan, so dont get me wrong, I am not trashing the RAMI, I just wanted to point out it might take a little tweaking to get running properly where the compacts are typically rock solid from the begining.  Trading reliability for compactness is something ALL browning type tilting barrel pistols have to do when they are designed with such short barrels and light slides.  The subcompact 1911s are notorious for this.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glock 19

CZ Compact

The "Ask Price" is pretty close to actual price IMO.

www.genitron.com/HandgunDB/nfdetails.asp?ID=652
Note the less tactical version is cheaper, and shares the exact sight/safety with my 97B.

True.  It is a little heavier as well if that matters.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The vast majority work fine, but some have feeding issues.

Read around over here for more info:

p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm66

I have never owned one myself, and I am a big CZ-75 fan, so dont get me wrong, I am not trashing the RAMI, I just wanted to point out it might take a little tweaking to get running properly where the compacts are typically rock solid from the begining.  Trading reliability for compactness is something ALL browning type tilting barrel pistols have to do when they are designed with such short barrels and light slides.  The subcompact 1911s are notorious for this.

There may have been some feeding problems with the Rami in 9mm but I have never heard of it. The .40s I have heard a lot of feeding problems as well as the .40 compact.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:32:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
There may have been some feeding problems with the Rami in 9mm but I have never heard of it. The .40s I have heard a lot of feeding problems as well as the .40 compact.

I don't know if the problem still persists but the .40sw versions of the full size and compact versions were undersprung and that led to some problems.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know if the problem still persists but the .40sw versions of the full size and compact versions were undersprung and that led to some problems.

My fullsize 75B in .40 needed an extra power extractor spring and a polish job on the ramp and the chamber. It runs like a million bucks now and I would trust it as much as anything. I think the Spring was about $4 so I ordered a pack of them. My .40B was undersprung so I ramped up to the 22lb and cut it down to the proper leangth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top