Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/6/2003 12:24:05 PM EDT
#1) Where to buy them? Is $35 the cheapest?
#2) How far do 7 and 8 round standard 1911 mags protrude?
#3) Reliability of standard mags in Compact CDP II?

Thanks,

Ed
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:09:20 PM EDT
CDNN

Has good prices on mags. I believe that they have Springfield mags that'll fit your CDP for $10 as well as Colt and McCormick.

Standard length mags are going to protrude about 1/2 to 3/4 inch depending on the basepad of the mag.

I carry a factory flush fit mag in my Officers ACP and carry standard 7rd Wilsons as my spares. The Colt Factory mags functions fine.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:58:38 AM EDT
One thing to remember about reduced length 1911 frames and standard length mags...they will work fine so long as you insert them with the slide forward, or do not slam them in with slide locked back. No prob at the range. The problem arises when, after you have shot to slide lock while trying to hit the s.o.b.(s) who are trying their best to harm you or your family, you DO slam your spare mag into the gun. (And you WILL)

Now, you will find out the hard way that there is no "stop" on the mag body to prevent it from going past the mag catch and into the breechface / action area , completely jamming the mechanism until you can take something like a closed pocketknife, etc. and push the magazine body back down...your finger probably won't do it. This is something you must train for, or you may die while trying to figure out WTF is happening!

For serious use, I never carry standard mags for reloading my OM. Colt flush-fit in the gun and Wilson 6rd. with pad for spares. They currently do not list the 6rd.OM mag for sale on their website, so I guess it has been replaced by the 7rd.OM flush-fit...I have had mine for many years. They also show an 8rd. mag for the OM, and these have a stop built into the mag body...like the 10rd. mags for standard length frames...to prevent the above from happening.

SGB...are you using the 7rd. OM Wilson or the standard type?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:37:38 AM EDT
Standard Wilson 7rd mags, guess I need to order some more mags huh
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:37:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SHIVAN458:
#1) Where to buy them? Is $35 the cheapest?
#2) How far do 7 and 8 round standard 1911 mags protrude?
#3) Reliability of standard mags in Compact CDP II?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed you MUST TRY ACT-MAGS www.precisionsights.com/actmag.html...They are amazing quality and I believe Sig uses them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:46:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SGB:
Standard Wilson 7rd mags, guess I need to order some more mags huh

I would...you should have seen the look on MY face the first time I did this with my gun..."Oh SHIT!"

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:07:55 AM EDT
Top Top