Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/31/2008 2:33:57 PM EDT
Thinking about buying a Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor Belt (OIB) for CCW, any problems or complaints about it? And what does Wilderness Coyote look like, which belt style standard 3-stitching, added stiffens 5-stitching, Heavy-Duty Polymer-Lined CSM.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 10:27:45 PM EDT
Noticed nobody replied to your post. I haven't used one of those belts but I've read nothing but good things about em', if that helps.
I went with a stiffener in my Beltman leather belt and it's great.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 12:23:19 AM EDT
I wear the Wilderness Belt, everyday. Works great. Very solid, holds your holster right where it should be.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 8:26:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By neofite:
Thinking about buying a Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor Belt (OIB) for CCW, any problems or complaints about it? And what does Wilderness Coyote look like, which belt style standard 3-stitching, added stiffens 5-stitching, Heavy-Duty Polymer-Lined CSM.

Thanks.

That belt is one of the most highly regarded belts on arfcom
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 11:09:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BUIS:

Thanks.

(thread resurrection)
That it may be, but does anyone have any input on the 5-stitch versus the CSM version?
For, say, a 1911 OWB, is the CSM worth the extra few bucks, plus the extra thickness and probable unwieldiness, over the 5-stitch (which is already supposedly stiffer than the standard model, and is a little cheaper besides)?
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 2:18:12 PM EDT
I've never used the Wilderness brand belt. I do however, own 2 5.11 Tactical 5 stitch belts and they work great for my IWB and OWB holsters. Cannot get the perma-stiff insert with 5.11 unless you go to the Operator belt which is 1-3/4". Thats too wide for me. I'm happy with the 5.11 Tactical gear.

Link Posted: 7/10/2008 3:44:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RifleCal30m1n00b:

Thanks.

(thread resurrection)
That it may be, but does anyone have any input on the 5-stitch versus the CSM version?
For, say, a 1911 OWB, is the CSM worth the extra few bucks, plus the extra thickness and probable unwieldiness, over the 5-stitch (which is already supposedly stiffer than the standard model, and is a little cheaper besides)?

What is your belt size?

I know with leather belts anything over 44' could benefit with the stiffener.

If you plan on using this belt during competitions where you will be drawing your gun a lot, or having heavy load outs the stiffener would be good.

It's only a five dollar difference, just get it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 11:22:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Darkside852003:

Originally Posted By RifleCal30m1n00b:

Thanks.

(thread resurrection)

What is your belt size?

I know with leather belts anything over 44' could benefit with the stiffener.

If you plan on using this belt during competitions where you will be drawing your gun a lot, or having heavy load outs the stiffener would be good.

It's only a five dollar difference, just get it.

I wear about a 33" belt, maybe 34" with a thin IWB--but my holster is OWB. So, being a po' college student, I opted to only go for the 5-stitch upgrade for $5 over base price, versus the plastic inserts for $10 over.
That $5 saved covered most of shipping too
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 10:42:14 PM EDT
I have the 5-stitch and the CSM. I prefer the CSM for OWB carry.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:15:19 PM EDT
Does anyone know if their belts are good for big guys? I have went through many belts because the metal pin you put through the leather belt just tears the leather after a few months.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:59:26 PM EDT
They are fine for big dudes.

As to 5 stitch vs. the CSM...

I have both and unless you are carrying a ton of stuff on your belt (3-gun/competitive shooting/etc) the 5 stitch is just fine for IWB and OWB use.
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 10:16:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mo4040:
They are fine for big dudes.

As to 5 stitch vs. the CSM...

I have both and unless you are carrying a ton of stuff on your belt (3-gun/competitive shooting/etc) the 5 stitch is just fine for IWB and OWB use.

I ordered the 5 stitch today. I will report back about it working ok with big buys when I use it for a few days.

I will have a BlackHawk Serpa w/G23, OC & the BlackHawk twin spare mag holster.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 1:26:59 AM EDT
Does anyone know if LaRue Tactical sells the 5-stitch model or just the standard model?
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 1:32:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By paintballguy:
Does anyone know if their belts are good for big guys? I have went through many belts because the metal pin you put through the leather belt just tears the leather after a few months.

Those are a problems of the past, once you buy a Wilderness belt.
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 12:28:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Thumbtack:
Does anyone know if LaRue Tactical sells the 5-stitch model or just the standard model?

In answer to my own question, LaRue sells the 5-stitch model. It is a nice belt. I just received the coyote tan model. Not too stiff, but able to hold my galco concealable with glock 23 without sagging. Love it.

LaRue also included some free goodies with my order as well... Love the dillo and the bumper stickers! Already has my anti-GWB/WOT neighbor throwing a fit!
Top Top