Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 3:32:00 PM EDT
Hello P228

Took it straight to the range from the gun show and it worked flawlessly. I think from now
on I'll just buy German guns.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Which 1911 did you get rid of? Was it a GSR?

My GSR is as good as my 229 and 239....flawless!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I got rid of a Colt Delta Elite. It would fail to extract about 3-4 times out of every mag, got tired of trying to mess with the extractor and just dumped it for the so far flawless P228.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#3]
And you'll find out that it is indeed flawless. I have over 50K rounds thru my P220 and it just keeps running mag after mag. It even digests ammo that stops up my friends Kimber 1911 and his HK USP 45! Boy, does that piss him off!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahh the venerable P228.  The last gun I would ever get rid of.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got rid of a Colt Delta Elite. It would fail to extract about 3-4 times out of every mag, got tired of trying to mess with the extractor and just dumped it for the so far flawless P228.

Was that a 10mm Delta Elite?  Man I've never shot one of those that wasn't bitchy about ammo.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Yah it was 10mm Colt, it looked pretty. That's all the good things I can say about it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
DUH!  Even the GLOCKS jam in Ten Millie!  Ten mil is just not a round conducive to auto loading!

You're comparing apples and oranges, you fool.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#9]
That's what I like about the S&W 1911 . External S&W extractor With Wolff springs = reliability!  ..............228 , 220 , 229 "Goodstuff"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not so enamored with sig.  Both 220's I've had experience with have failed to lockback the slide on the last round several times.  One was prone to light primer strikes, which I would guess was part of the Gold Dot recall issue because of the prevalence of sig in LE use.

Also I think they are overly complicated pistols.  During timed drills I've watched students fight the hammer drop lever thingy (or decocker) thinking they were hitting the mag release.  Under a total stress situation I like the simplicity of the glock.  Plus you can reholster your weapon in the same condition that you drew it before you fired.  In other words you don't need to perform any additional manipulations to the pistol after the high stress of a shooting.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm not so enamored with sig.  Both 220's I've had experience with have failed to lockback the slide on the last round several times. 99.9% of the time this is shooter error  One was prone to light primer strikes really? 220s have a much further firing pin protrusion than US standards, maybe somebody dicked with your gun or you were using too light a hammer spring anything below 18lbs is much too light and won't last long, which I would guess was part of the Gold Dot recall issue because of the prevalence of sig in LE use.

Also I think they are overly complicated pistols.  During timed drills I've watched students fight the hammer drop lever thingy (or decocker) thinking they were hitting the mag release.something that TRAINING remedies  Under a total stress situation I like the simplicity of the glock.  Plus you can reholster your weapon in the same condition that you drew it before you fired.  In other words you don't need to perform any additional manipulations to the pistol after the high stress of a shooting.Training again, once conditioned decocking becomes second nature just like pushing in the clutch before turning the key to start the engine

Yeah they're so damn complicated to use that Ernest Langdon used a SIG 220ST to win the CDP division at the Nationals in 2003 beating Rob Leatham who was shooting a 1911.

www.langdontactical.com/el.shtml
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top