Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2005 7:36:09 PM EDT
Last Sunday I was going to grease the rails on my SA Loaded. I had a hard time removing the barrel bushing. It finally gave after I slightly moved the slide. I managed to keep the spring keeper in sight, but I heard the barrel bushing go "tink" on my garage floor.
I have looked all over, cleaned that half of the garage, and still can't find it.
WTF?
How high/far can they bounce?
I am almost ready to believe it bounced through a black hole into the Twilight Zone.
I am going to order a replacement. How are the Wilson Combat stainless bushings?
Jim
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Really need to mic the slide ID and the barrel OD before ordering a replacement bushing.  

You will need to fit the bushing (read forget about  drop in models), and if the new busing is just a little tight, you should be able to take it down by hand and may luck up with no barrel springing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I found the answer to my question. A stainless steel SA barrel bushing can bounce approximately 24.5".
I found mine Christmas eve. in the front yard in a spot I had searched several times.
Thank goodness it's stainless. It shows no corrosion or rust, and is now installed where it belongs.
At least I don't have to have a replacement fitted.
Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top