Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 10:16:36 AM EDT
Anyone know of any great books on the history and models of the various revolver manufacturers? I'm looking for something that's pretty detailed. I'd like to come out of the book with a decent knowledge of the various models that have came out.

I've been checking Amazon but my cursory search had many reviewers complaining of books missing too much to recommend.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone know of any great books on the history and models of the various revolver manufacturers? I'm looking for something that's pretty detailed. I'd like to come out of the book with a decent knowledge of the various models that have came out.

I've been checking Amazon but my cursory search had many reviewers complaining of books missing too much to recommend.
View Quote

You're going to have a hard time getting both of those. You will likely find one, or the other. So you might need to buy several books that highlight certain manufacturers more in depth.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Required reading.

Sixguns

Supplementary.

Sixgun Cartridges & Loads

ETA: These aren't comprehensive histories on revolvers to the present date, but will give you a good history and perspective from the author.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably not going to beat internet searches for specific detailed information. Books are great for the nostalgia, and as a jumping off point for search terms though. Books however are no match for the capability of people on the web acting a huge aggregator for knowledge that is available now, that was not available when many revolver books were printed., or books where the author(s) had a limited scope.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably not going to beat internet searches for specific detailed information. Books are great for the nostalgia, and as a jumping off point for search terms though. Books however are no match for the capability of people on the web acting a huge aggregator for knowledge that is available now, that was not available when many revolver books were printed., or books where the author(s) had a limited scope.  
View Quote

Good point. I think "getting both" over time is helpful, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top