Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 10:07:31 PM EDT
I read about the "Ghost Rocket" in the Brownells catalog.  What else is out there and what does everyone like?

Is it a good idea to combine parts

what about putting in a reduced power striker spring?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:01:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll offer the following advice with regard to using the gun/trigger competitively.  I bought one of those Ghost things for my 34, it was no better than the standard 34 trigger.  I only use my gun for competition and range shooting, like my 1911 and Tanfoglio comp guns the safeties are superfluous.  The single best modification for a Glock trigger I have come accross is the 'trigger take-up adjustment screw'.  Remove the trigger, drill and tap from the back through to the front so an inserted set screw will press against the frame at the front of the trigger hole and can be adjusted from the back by removing the slide.  Remove the trigger safety and adjust the screw inwards until about half the takeup is gone.  The gun will function perfectly with this modification and, along with the standard Glock 34 trigger bar, will be as good as a Glock trigger can get.  The only effective way to reduce the trigger weight is to reduce the striker spring weight but this may lead to misfires depending on ammo type.  Insert usual BS here regarding 'tampering with safety' liability issues.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a factory Glock 3.5 in my 17 and 26 - I likem.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll offer the following advice with regard to using the gun/trigger competitively.  I bought one of those Ghost things for my 34, it was no better than the standard 34 trigger.  I only use my gun for competition and range shooting, like my 1911 and Tanfoglio comp guns the safeties are superfluous.  The single best modification for a Glock trigger I have come accross is the 'trigger take-up adjustment screw'.  Remove the trigger, drill and tap from the back through to the front so an inserted set screw will press against the frame at the front of the trigger hole and can be adjusted from the back by removing the slide.  Remove the trigger safety and adjust the screw inwards until about half the takeup is gone.  The gun will function perfectly with this modification and, along with the standard Glock 34 trigger bar, will be as good as a Glock trigger can get.  The only effective way to reduce the trigger weight is to reduce the striker spring weight but this may lead to misfires depending on ammo type.  Insert usual BS here regarding 'tampering with safety' liability issues.

Which Ghost trigger did you have.  There is a 5lb, tactical and a 3.5lb "rocket"???
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:51:54 AM EDT
[#4]
In my G34 for a better trigger I use:

a reduced power Wolff firing pin safety spring
a stock firing pin spring
a Ghost Rocket 3.5lb connector with a orange NY+ trigger spring (minus the NY coil spring, I just use the plastic part), with yours truly fitting, smoothing etc

The very best trigger I've ever felt on a Glock was a 1.5lb Charlie Vanek trigger.  Ralph Sotelos $65 drop-in kit from www.triggerkit.com is a close second.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top