Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2004 9:11:22 PM EDT
Blazer Al Case 165gr - $126 / 1000

www.wholesalehunter.com/ar15deals/deals.htm

Anything better in that price range?  I usually shoot WWB 180's, but the above price is ~$3.00 cheaper per 50 vs local cost.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Outdoor Marksman sells reloads (i.e. once fired brass) for $115/1,000.  

I've shot a lot of these 'reloads' in 9mm, .38 Spec, .357, 40 S&W, and .45 ACP, and found them to be great training and practice ammo.  

http://www.outdoormarksman.com/
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Good intel, I'll try them next time I order.  This time it's aluminum case Blazer...
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't shot the Blazer aluminum yet, but I have been buying a lot of this Blazer Brass I found at Wal-Mart.  I have been picking up a box for $7.49, which is a pretty good deal for local ammo.  For small quantities I can't go wrong.  Cheapest I found Blazer Brass was at Natchez had it for $7.35.  It shoots really good in my Walther P99 and is only a few cents more than the aluminum rounds.  Its not a bad deal, so check your wally world.  Only select Wal-Marts had this stuff, most nearby have the al case.  Not only that, .40 S&W is the only cal they carry in the brass.  I'm not sure about aluminum yet, I just bought this new Walther P99 and I'm a bit leary of using it in there.  I've heard good things about Blazer though.

Link Posted: 8/12/2004 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I 'considered' the aluminum blazer and justified it by the amount I've seen on ranges from PD practice over the years.  I know that many of those were run through Glocks also so hey wth... For small quantity its WWB or provided 180gr ball for training.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]
- Update -

Went through ~400rnds of the case Sunday between my G22 and a bud's HK USP .40.  No issues, ran fine in both.  The rounds had a decent snap and the only gripe I could raise is the sharper (than brass) radius on the case groove which bites just a bit more into the gun thumb on reloads.  I need calluses anyway  

The Blazer does seem to be dirtier than WWB or dept. issue ball, but I haven't cleaned it to really look, and I'm doing some punishment trials to see if I can force a failure.  I'm somewhere around 400rnds now and am almost at my limit before the OCD sets in and I have to clean

I'll buy more Al Blazer, I'd rather do that than run gunshow reloads at the same price point.  Good stuff for training newbie glock shooters.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a quick follow up.. I finally got some range time with the Blazer Aluminum..  wow.. nice ammo.  My P99 loves this ammo and I found the 165gr to be very accurate.  I will definately shoot this or the Blazer Brass from now on.  The white box crap I've been shooting is worthless.  Its low power and doesn't seem to be very accurate.   It seemed very dirty too and made cleaning time longer.  CCI Blazer is $6.72/50 at Sportsmansguide.com for 180gr.  I haven't tried the 180gr yet, but that'll be my next test.   I also picked up some Fiocchi 170gr ($7.57/50) to try.

Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top