Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:48:38 PM EDT
I need a good in the waist band holster and belt that'll work good with my new Ultra Carry CDP. I am pretty slim and usually wear t shirts (untucked) in the summer.

Can anyone suggest a good combo? The belt must be brown.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:14:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Milt Sparks Versa Max II in horsehide with matching belt.

You will thank me later.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Galco Cozy Partner. I preferred this one as it has a flap to prevent the hammer from digging into your side. It still has the open top design so a quick draw is quite easy.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You will thank me later.

+1

I really like the one I got for my Glock 20. It also fills up the 3" of pants left over since I lost 35#. What more can you ask?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Does Milt Sparks offer a matching belt with their holster?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You will thank me later.

+1
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#7]
gunnersalley.zoovy.com/product/FIST1FORWARDCANTIWB

The F.I.S.T. inside the waistband kydex holster is the finest concealment holster I've ever used....10+ yrs of daily carry.

I have a F.I.S.T. #1 with 15 degree forward cant in kydex for my Kimber UC II.  I carry that sucker all year round and love it!  Also, FIST guys use the thinnest kydex I've ever found...further more it holds its shape way more than unsupported leather holster.  The supported IWB leather holsters are always much thicker as they require a metal (or other material) band in the leading edge of the holster to keep the mouth open.

The holster clips onto the belt of your choice.  I usually use Dillon gun belts when using a belt slide holster or the like....price is good and the quality is also!

My .02$!

Cheers!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is where I picked up my IWB and works great!  It is a MR Softy from Highnoon Holsters.  They have 13 different models to choose from in IWB including tuckables and have several different belts.

Give them a look!
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/product_line.html
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I think I will be going with a Versa Max.. Anybody know their average wait time?

All the super fancy custom ones seem to have a 3+ month waiting list.

How comfortable will I be in a vehicle while wearing a versa max? I drive 100 miles per day so this is very important. I should have mentioned this in the first post.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:49:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well I think I will be going with a Versa Max.. Anybody know their average wait time?

All the super fancy custom ones seem to have a 3+ month waiting list.

How comfortable will I be in a vehicle while wearing a versa max? I drive 100 miles per day so this is very important. I should have mentioned this in the first post.

Mine took 6 weeks from the time I ordered it.  If you need it faster you can generally find them in stock at Lightning Arms (there is a link to them on the Sparks website) but they do charge a premium for their having it in stock.

I carry a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry in mine and find it to the most comfortable IWB holster I have  ever worn.  Between the light weight of the Kimber and the holster design I just about forget I have it on - including while riding in the car.  You may have to experiment a bit with placement on your body to find the most comfortable position - I prefer the 9 O'Clock position.   Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#11]
A holster I really like is Mark Garrity's Changeling.  I like to carry appendix style whenever I have to wear light clothing, which is the majority of the year in Az.  It gives me the freedom to not worry about printing when bending over or otherwise moving around.  It's one of those cool designs that gives you the option to carry with the cant you want, but isn't too fat.  As a matter of fact, I think I'll just go ahead and order one for my BHP right now.

www.garritysgunleather.com/IWBHolsters.htm
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Agree as to the Milt Sparks VM2.

However, I am very pleased with my gun belt from:

www.gunnersalley.com/category/accessories.belts/
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Agree as to the Milt Sparks VM2.

However, I am very pleased with my gun belt from:

www.gunnersalley.com/category/accessories.belts/

Regardless of the product, the service at gunner's alley can't be beat. These guys are great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top