Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 5:58:38 AM EDT
Hey all,
Just picked this one up the other morning...haven't been to the range with her yet but am curious as to any info someone might have.  I've been told that only a limited number of these were produced and the "G" designator was originally intended for LE use only.  It has the same 1911 style grip as the Vertec as well as the accessory rail.  I'd like to put on an adjustable target sight.  Also need a good leather holster for it.  Any help out there would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest a good bit of range time before you spring for the adj sights. Beretta has a rep for being wonderfully accurate, I know my 92FS is.

As for leather, there's a slew of top notch brands such as Bianchi, Galco, etc. Am Handgunner magazine has lots of cool ads for what you want.

I would like to suggest Fobus holsters. They're polymer so they shrug off water & moisture & never lose their shape. Leather isn't a gun finishes best friend, FWIW.

I envy you on your G model find!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, do you have a pic?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]
New to this site, so I'm not sure how to post a pic of it.  As for holsters, I've checked with Galco and other makers and they all say that because of the rail system, the standard 92/96 one's won't work.  Guess I can send it off to Milt Sparks to have a summer special made.  If you send me your e-mail address I'd be happy to send a pic of it.  Take care guys.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey all,
Just picked this one up the other morning...haven't been to the range with her yet but am curious as to any info someone might have.  I've been told that only a limited number of these were produced and the "G" designator was originally intended for LE use only.  It has the same 1911 style grip as the Vertec as well as the accessory rail.  I'd like to put on an adjustable target sight.  Also need a good leather holster for it.  Any help out there would be appreciated.

You should contact the Beretta Guru Ernest Langdon, he worked for Beretta was the Elite and Elite IIs designer.  www.langdontactical.com  He installs sights and does probably the best trigger jobs on Berettas that you will ever see.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:25:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info!!!  As soon as I get my computer back to normal, I'll look him up.  Installed a program last night and ended up having to format the hard drive....yuk...lost all my favorites...my own fault.  Thanks for responding...Take Care
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#6]
That's one awesome piece of machinery, Bogster!
It makes my plain jane 92SF look generic...thanks!
A big welcome to ya too!
Now that you found us, don't be shy!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Can anyone walk me through the steps to post a pic of this gun on this site?  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
High Noon Holsters makes holsters for the Beretta Vertec which will fit.  I love mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top