Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:43:12 AM EDT
I'm hoping to finally get some handgun instruction.  The class I'm taking has a holster as required equipment.  Can anyone recommend a lined black leather thumb-break holster that covers the trigger please?  I'm looking to drop around $50, but could be persuaded to drop a bit more if I was sure I’d be getting added value.  I'm looking for something pretty similar to what L.E.O.s would carry with.  Not for concealed carry.

Much Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
www.elitetacticalsources.com

They have a bunch of different holsters, pick out what you like, just keep in mind that a Brig is wider than a standard 92, so the kydex holsters are out for you.

good luck!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The usual suspects should have lots of options for you: Kramer, Galco, Bianchi, DeSantis, etc. etc.

Check American Handgunner for holster ads & ideas.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
if at all possible go to a local shop or gun show and try out different holsters.  It's an important thing in terms of ergonomics, and it would suck to drop $50+ on a holster that doesnt feel right, and that you dont like.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

it would suck to drop $50+ on a holster that doesnt feel right, and that you dont like.

I have yet to meet the first gun owner who has not done this more than once! It's like buying shoes, what feels good at the store may not be good after the first day or two.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I promise I'll do my homework, but can anyone mention one or two "must see" holsters?  I'd hate to hit up Gander, Cabela's, Bill’s, Capra’s, and Frontiersman and settle on some $17 uncle mikes because it feels just as crappy as the others only because I didn't know what to look for or didn’t look hard enough.  Bianchi makes one called the 19L ($69) and DeSantis has one called the Hempstead ($109).  These are too expensive for me to buy online without a test drive -- hopefully I can find one or both somewhere around town.  Does anyone have any real-world experience with this specific issue?  Can anyone suggest more metro shops that stock a good selection of holsters?

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
A gun show would be a better bet than a gun shop, IMO.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top