Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 5:07:31 PM EDT
I was watching my daughter practice today for a bullseye match tomorrow when I noticed the rear sight on her Neos start to raise up. I stopped her from shooting as she started complaining about how bad she did and noticed the adjustment screw had backed out so I grabbed a screwdriver and was going to fix it when I noticed the spring had fallen out.Now it is friday afternoon with a match on saturday so I am scrambling to get everything packed so I can run to the hardware store just down the street only to find they don't have any springs small enough in their big wall of little drawers and I remember I have a spring kit for a 1911. The detent spring for the slide stop and safety is the right diameter but I will have to cut it, so I called Beretta to ask how long it should be so I can use it as a temporary replacement. At first the tech guy said he had no idea how long it should be but after I explained how important it was for me to fix it so my daughter could shoot he replied "oh you mean the elevation spring that is 1/4 inches". Now I only explained what spring it was at the beginning of the call not when I was telling him how much I wanted my daughter to shoot this match so I think at first he just wanted me to buy the spring which he could not ship for another 5 days. I am also wondering if I will buy another Beretta because anytime I have had to replace small parts on a Ruger they have sent them to me free of charge even though they have them listed as replacement parts you can buy. Beretta's customer service could be a lot better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top