Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 1:37:18 AM EDT
I have no clue why. I don't have a real practical need for a gun that size, although I don't have one yet either... I carry a Shield 9mm every day, everywhere and probably won't carry the Glock. So... why do I want one? I have a few full sized pistols, and the Shield and an East German Makarov for smaller handguns.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:46:48 AM EDT
[#1]
The Glock 19 is possibly the "Best" all around handgun ever made. Size, accuracy, power, you can not beat it. This gun can do it all, carry, home protection, police duty. Just a perfect balance.
Also with the 9mm you can use ball ammo for range use and +P for carry. So you have the versitility of two power levels.
Don't recommend the 32. the 357 sig isn't very popular and I have heard it's not comfortable to shoot in the glocks.
9mm ammo is much more available.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Glock 32.  You can convert it to shoot 40 S&W with just a barrel change, and to 9mm with a barrel change and different magazines.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:06:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I should have added. I already have a full sized M&P 357Sig, with .40 barrel, and have put hundreds of 9mm through it with just a barrel swap. It is my primary go to SHTF everything handgun. Being that the midsized Glocks don't have the capacity, I can't see replacing it. I just sort of maybe want something mid-sized? I don't even know I just have an itch for something new I guess haha.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#4]
For me, the G19 is the best all around hand gun.

Dave N
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For me, the G19 is the best all around hand gun.

Dave N
View Quote

+1.  Very true statement.  Tons of accessories, simple takedown and parts replacement.

That being said.  I just picked up an M&P Compact from PSA for $399 shipped with 3 free mags.  

So far it is a great gun.  Size is in-between the Glock 26 and 19.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I just switched my daily carry pistol from a G32 to G19.  I wanted a pistol I could pull out of my holster swap out the ammo and shoot it.  The G32 was to expensive to feed so it never got shot.

G19 gets my vote do not waste your time and money on a G32.  You can get a smokin deal on a police trade in G23 and drop in a G32 barrel or 9mm conversion.  Even then my vote still stays G19.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the 19 is excellent as well. I do not agree with versatility so much - beyond being a great carry gun it really doesn't fit with a lot of the other handgun activities I participate in, but that is just me. As far as general purpose combat pistols you can not beat it.
I for one am not a 357 sig fan or 40 for that matter. All the 357 gives you is about 125 fps faster bullet speed over the most efficient 9mm loads in a hard to find case that is a pain to reload I do not see the hassles worth it. I also shoot a 9 or 45 much better than a 40.
If you had easy access to plentiful cheap 357 it may not be a bad choice but for most of us the "9isfine"
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Skip the 32, like a lot of things it's a phase... I had both and kept the 19

The 19 is literally the Swiss Army knife of handguns

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The 19 is literally the Swiss Army knife of handguns

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]
G19 is the perfect handgun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
G19 is the smaller version of a perfect handgun.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
G17 is the larger version of a perfect handgun.

FIFY

FTFY
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
G19 is the perfect handgun.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a G32 because I was trying to be a non-conformist and stand up against the evil G19  

The G32 is now gone. 357sig is too snappy in a compact polymer frame and too expensive to shoot regularly.

I've since consolidated my handguns to 9mm and 45 and haven't looked back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top