Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:38:05 PM EDT
Hello,

I had a local gun shop replace the plastic sights on my Glock 34 with Adjustable Meprolight Nigh Sights. At first the front sight was very tight, since shooting the gun a few hundred rounds and using Non-Chlorinated brake cleaning to clean the handgun it seems the front sight has loosened. I am not sure if it was due to the recoil from the rounds or the brake cleaner.

Is there anything I can use as a permanent fix to stop the sight from moving side to side? I was thinking maybe super glue but not sure if it would hold up to the heat from the barrel?

Suggestions are needed.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Red or blue lock-tite.  They come with night sights, in my case, Trijicons.  And if you look inside the barrrel, there's the hex type nut holding the front sight, screw it tighter.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
whoever installed the front sight did a half-ass job by not putting a drop of lock-tite.  They should fix it for you for free.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
What he said.

loc-tite on sites, always.  Doesn't hurt to loctite just about anything threaded on a gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top