Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 2:01:42 AM EDT
I just received a G-Code Incog for my M&P. I didn't realize that the M&P holster automatically came with a gap for the manual safety model. I  was wondering if anybody has used the hair dryer method to soften and remove that bump? I have used it to loosen an overly tight kydex holster in the past. I have no major issues with the holster, and will leave the safety gap if it seems like the holster would be damaged. It isn't unbearably uncomfortable, but I don't want moisture dripping down into my holster if I can help it. I realize this would void any warranty on the holster,  buy I'm not worried as my previous Incog has shown no real signs of wear after several years.

I have no quality issues with the holster, I'm just wondering if anybody has adjusted an Incog on their own without causing more issues.

" />

" />
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:16:05 AM EDT
That looks like it would be uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:41:03 AM EDT
I may be wrong about this, but I don't believe the G Code stuff is kydex. I believe I read that it is some sort of injection molded plastic type material, but I may be thinking of some other brand. Its awfully smooth and shiny, which leads me to believe it may be plastic of some kind.

If that is true, I wouldn't use the heat method on it. You can most likely contact G Code and they can tell you for certain whether this would damage the holster or not.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:27:35 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By roadrash:
That looks like it would be uncomfortable.
View Quote

It definitely isn't what I would call comfortable. Especially when I don't need it for my gun. Unfortunately, I don't see an option to remove that piece when ordering the holster.
Top Top