Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2002 5:25:38 PM EDT
I own a CZ-75 and am thinking of buying some pro-mag hibh cap. mags.  Has anyone had any problem with them.  Are they reliable enough for a self defense gun?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 Are they reliable enough for a self defense gun?

No. I would not use a aftermarket Mag for self Defense !
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#3]
My only experience with pro-mag was 2 for a p90.......threw them out......had good luck with triple k though.....you may get a ton of conflicting responses on this one...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
My opinion only here, Pro mags are fine for practice and they save wear and tear on your originals. Mec-gar seems to be the good aftermarket magazine brand. Ramline, Triple K and USA are iffy at best. I would rather have a 10 round factory mag that works, as opposed to a "high cap" aftermarket magazine that chokes. Even if a "off brand" magazine works great a few times, it does not mean the non-heat treated feed lips or follower spring will make it, long term. So, to answer your question, yes, they are good...for practice at least.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
They're fine for at the range, but I would bet my life on them.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My opinion only here, Pro mags are fine for practice and they save wear and tear on your originals. Mec-gar seems to be the good aftermarket magazine brand. Ramline, Triple K and USA are iffy at best. I would rather have a 10 round factory mag that works, as opposed to a "high cap" aftermarket magazine that chokes. Even if a "off brand" magazine works great a few times, it does not mean the non-heat treated feed lips or follower spring will make it, long term. So, to answer your question, yes, they are good...for practice at least.

I agree. I have used the Pro-mags before w/ some success. I used them in a EAA witness 9x21 for practice, they worked fine. I also used some in a Ruger KP95, they worked w/ every other round. I have used the Mec-gar in both weapons and had good results. I have also used the Mec-gars w/ a Para Ordanace for competition (Limited 10/USPSA) they run 100%

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had good luck with them for the Glocks and SIG P226.  Other folks won't buy them but I never had problems, and they are much better built than anything USA ever made.
Top Top