Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2013 11:04:47 AM EDT
I have a m&p40 that was CA,MA compliant. Being the freedom loving free man that I am, I removed the magazine disconnect. After realizing that the take down lever just dropped the sear, I removed that too! Now when I want to take apart the pistol, I just pull the trigger.

Anyhow, on to the problem. I just installed a RAM. The reset is louder, but there are 2 (TWO) frickin 2! audible reset clicks. So now instead of two mushy resets, there are two. Well, I tracked down the parts I removed and put them all back in but I still have the two reset clicks. What gives? Anyone else have this problem?

p.s I called Apex and the only difference between the CA/MA compliant models and the standard ones are that the spring is longer and painted blue on the mag disconnect models. I have both springs and they both have the same problem.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried to reinstall the take down lever to see if the issue stops?  

Sounds like that is the only other variable since the problem began.  I can't figure exactly why that would matter, but in the interest of problem solving that might be a good next step.  I'm no gunsmith by any stretch but that step might be a good case test to identify the issue, or at least narrow down possibilities.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried to reinstall the take down lever to see if the issue stops?  

Sounds like that is the only other variable since the problem began.  I can't figure exactly why that would matter, but in the interest of problem solving that might be a good next step.  I'm no gunsmith by any stretch but that step might be a good case test to identify the issue, or at least narrow down possibilities.
View Quote

Yea, I thought of that too. Unfortunately, in all of my freedom loving wisdom, back when I removed said offending parts, I, well, err..... Lets just say I can't put them back in for now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Call up Apex and ask them. Some people have needed a stronger RAM spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top