Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2013 10:04:47 AM EST
I have a m&p40 that was CA,MA compliant. Being the freedom loving free man that I am, I removed the magazine disconnect. After realizing that the take down lever just dropped the sear, I removed that too! Now when I want to take apart the pistol, I just pull the trigger.

Anyhow, on to the problem. I just installed a RAM. The reset is louder, but there are 2 (TWO) frickin 2! audible reset clicks. So now instead of two mushy resets, there are two. Well, I tracked down the parts I removed and put them all back in but I still have the two reset clicks. What gives? Anyone else have this problem?

p.s I called Apex and the only difference between the CA/MA compliant models and the standard ones are that the spring is longer and painted blue on the mag disconnect models. I have both springs and they both have the same problem.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:59:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/20/2013 1:01:17 PM EST by DV8EDD]
Have you tried to reinstall the take down lever to see if the issue stops?

Sounds like that is the only other variable since the problem began. I can't figure exactly why that would matter, but in the interest of problem solving that might be a good next step. I'm no gunsmith by any stretch but that step might be a good case test to identify the issue, or at least narrow down possibilities.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 3:22:38 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
Have you tried to reinstall the take down lever to see if the issue stops?

Sounds like that is the only other variable since the problem began. I can't figure exactly why that would matter, but in the interest of problem solving that might be a good next step. I'm no gunsmith by any stretch but that step might be a good case test to identify the issue, or at least narrow down possibilities.
View Quote

Yea, I thought of that too. Unfortunately, in all of my freedom loving wisdom, back when I removed said offending parts, I, well, err..... Lets just say I can't put them back in for now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:34:51 AM EST
Call up Apex and ask them. Some people have needed a stronger RAM spring.
Top Top