Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 5:33:21 PM EDT
I have many semi-auto's and one revolver...A S&W Model 19 .357 Nickel.  I want to get another revolver and I am thinking about getting a Colt King Cobra S/S 4in.
Anyone own one that can give me their "word" on this revolver? Input would be apprieciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
no I don't own, so no word given.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one in 4", sold it to a co-worker.
Good accurate gun, sold it because I needed cash for another Kimber.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No word... but I notice you are getting close to your 1000 post!!!!
I'll drink one for ya tonite.........( SHIT... I'll drink one for anything)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No word... but I notice you are getting close to your 1000 post!!!!
I'll drink one for ya tonite.........( SHIT... I'll drink one for anything)

Hey thanks, but all 994 previous posts are more of like the one above.....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy it. Good solid accurate revolver with a great trigger.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I own an earlier one bought in the late 80's.   After shooting it a few times the barrel would be canted, I guess from the torque of the bullet twisting in the rifling, sent it back to Colt, the "fixed" it, after shooting it again same thing happened, they sent me a new KC this time.  I go tthe bright stainless finish they didnt have the matte stainless at the time, I prefer the matte stainless though.

My KC is my beater .357
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine.  Very accurate. Better trigger than any Smith I have ever fired.  And Colt does something different than oyher gun makers when it came time to finish the bore on the KCs.  Running a patch or brush down the barrel feels like you are cleaning a glass lined tube.  The smoothest barrel I have ever felt.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]
The King Cobra is the revolver to get if you don't want to shell out the money for a Python, or want the Colt quality and also want a gun you won't be too leary about dinging or shooting to the extremes.

I love the King Cobra, but not as much as the Python. I'm waiting for the production to start up again before I hop on one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#9]
A number of years ago, Lew Horton had a special run of 500 King Cobra's made called the "Combat Cobra".  He had 3" barrels put on them, special boot grips, mirror finish stainless, action job, special sights, and engrved "Combat Cobra" on either side of the snake logo.  It was a sweet package.  Should have gotten one then when they were cheap, and I am still looking for one now.  Saw one on Gunbroker last year but the bidding got too crazy and I got out at $780.  The winning bid was $995.00

MadDog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top