Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 4:39:14 PM EDT
I want to order a set of laser etched grips for a friends XMAS gift but I can't decide between the black poly or alumagrips?  Anyone have any opinions on the two?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#1]
T:
Really depends on how your friend intends to use his 1911.  The Alumagrips are durable as heck and are great for CCW or daily carry because they can stand up to any abuse.  The Polymer looks nice, but don't think they are as durable as the Alumagrips.  Just my 2 cents...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]
These would be for his off duty Colt Officer's daily carry so Aluma grips it is.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I designed a logo to put on our SWAT team grips a few years ago.  I contacted gungrips and had a great experience with them.  I would recommend them to anyone.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the blk alumagrips w/ Grim Reaper 2 (a tattoo he has) with his initials on one side and his badge # on the other.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top