Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/30/2005 6:57:08 PM EDT
I carry a Springfield XD-40 Tactical on me all the time. Since it's got a pretty large frame, it tends to print the back of my shirt if I bend or strech really far (like at the grocery store trying to get something off of the top shelf).  I'm always a little nervous that some little old lady will see the print of it against my shirt one of these days and go off the handle and do something crazy like yell "he's got a gun!!".  

Has anything like that ever happened to anyone? Has anyone ever seen your carry gun and freaked out?

Just wondering, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Ohhh, tagged.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I've been spotted thought, but the person mumbled "probablly a cop". Little does he know.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No, I've been spotted thought, but the person mumbled "probablly a cop".
Little does he know.

Seriously, if you're a clean-cut, well-mannered guy, most people would assume you're an off duty cop.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Little does he know.

Seriously, if you're a clean-cut, well-mannered guy, most people would assume you're an off duty cop.

I keep my military style hair cut and latly I have a nice cop mustachio and I like to wear the mirrored sun glass when I drive. I think I look like a cop. I've really never been pulled over or hassled, I guees the cops even think I'm a cop?
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
.........I'm always a little nervous that some little old lady will see the print of it against my shirt one of these days and go off the handle and do something crazy like yell "he's got a gun!!"............  

Just wondering, thanks.

Just flash your CWP badge and say "SHHHH, it ok, don't blow my cover!".
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#6]
No, nothing like that has ever happened to me.  Not even on those extremely rare occasions when I openly carry.  Like you, I'm often paranoid about the grip making a print, but when I ask people I know if they can spot it, the answer is always negative.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I was in the grocery last week and was reaching for the last box of Kraft Mac and Cheese when the guy next to me snatched it right in front of me. I opened my jacket to show him my piece and asked "How bad do you want that macaroni?" He freaked out a little but I got to eat mac and cheese for dinner.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was in the grocery last week and was reaching for the last box of Kraft Mac and Cheese when the guy next to me snatched it right in front of me. I opened my jacket to show him my piece and asked "How bad do you want that macaroni?" He freaked out a little but I got to eat mac and cheese for dinner.

People like you are great for the anti CCW crowd. You really threatened a rude man over a $1.25 box of mac and cheese? Jerk. I hope the next person you brandish your weapon at calls the police and they revoke you license. BSW
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People like you are great for the anti CCW crowd. You really threatened a rude man over a $1.25 box of mac and cheese? Jerk. I hope the next person you brandish your weapon at calls the police and they revoke you license. BSW

So it was you who tried to snatch my mac and cheese! The next time you try that shit I'll draw down on your ass.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Years ago I was in Market East Station in Philly carrying a revolver with no holster.  My pants were loose and it slipped down my pants right in the middle of a crowd.  The barrel was sticking out but the gun did not completely spill out of my pants.  I bent over and "scootched" it back up the inside of my pants, and nobody even noticed!

People are oblivious!
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree, people are oblivious.  The human mind always wants to rationalize to avoid conflict.  "He has a gun, he MUST be a cop"
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

hook line and sinker
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You quoted the wrong guy bud!
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#17]
 Tag for the stories to come, and to see the responses to tribursts post.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#18]
One of my wife's friends hugged me once while they were at our house and felt the bulge under my shirt.  She obviously realized what it was and asked "what are you carrying?".  I told her it was my new cell phone and then smiled.  She gave a weird look, so I went on to explain that it was a special cell phone that translated any language to any language!  It crossed all cultural and ethnicity barriers, communicated the international language of Love, and could double as currency in most negotiations  
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
One of my wife's friends hugged me once while they were at our house and felt the bulge under my shirt.  She obviously realized what it was and asked "what are you carrying?".  I told her it was my new cell phone and then smiled.  She gave a weird look, so I went on to explain that it was a special cell phone that translated any language to any language!  It crossed all cultural and ethnicity barriers, communicated the international language of Love, and could double as currency in most negotiations  

Man, I love that!  
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
.........translated any language to any language!  It crossed all cultural and ethnicity barriers, communicated the international language ............ and could double as currency in most negotiations  

So true.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I had one of the loss prevention guys at the local Walmart make a grab for mine, evidently thinking it was something I shoplifted.

That turned out to be a shitty day.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#23]
A couple times my shirt's ridden up over mine, and nobody seemed to notice, except some woman once told me she "loved how I'd accessorized my outfit". (I think I love her...)
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I had one of the loss prevention guys at the local Walmart make a grab for mine, evidently thinking it was something I shoplifted.

Why?  If anything it was all his fault.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#25]
If anyone has been in a Best Buy in their CD isles you know how small they are.  I was wearing my CCW at about 4 or 5 o'lock.  As I was browesing some guy wanted to get by that I didnt see.  He did the whole "pat me on my side to get me to move" type deal.  Well he patted me right where the CCW was.  I almost grabbed his arm when he did it but then realized he was like 70.  He suddenyl got real chatty about the crowds and lots of people.  Then walked away.

I still dont know if I printed and he was just seeing if it was a gun or maybe he was just trying to get me to move.  I really dont know.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On packing.org there was a thread about this, some bitch bumped into a guy, felt his "package", then called the security guard and said he had "something" under his shirt, well apparently they thought he was shop lifting, so they asked him into the back room, he refused to show them what it was until they would have a cop show up. The guard said he had never dealt with someone who was legally carrying a gun before, yata, yata, yata............................then put up a no carry sign next day.

I figure if this happens to me, when the dick head "greeter" tells me to "show them what's under my shirt",  I'll just draw my weapon (without pointing it at anyony!) and say "this is what's under my shirt", If the fuckers try to play hero and try to grab it or wrestle me to the ground, or some such nonsence.......................well, lets just say it wont be pretty. I say that because I'm trained to handle a firearm and authorized by the chief LEO of this county, they are not, If I surendered my weapon to the retard at Wal-Mart I would in affect be puting many lives at stake, so I will use whatever force I deem neccasary to protect the sheeple from a gimp fuck'tard getting a weapon!
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If anyone has been in a Best Buy in their CD isles you know how small they are.  I was wearing my CCW at about 4 or 5 o'lock.  As I was browesing some guy wanted to get by that I didnt see.  He did the whole "pat me on my side to get me to move" type deal.  Well he patted me right where the CCW was.  I almost grabbed his arm when he did it but then realized he was like 70.  He suddenyl got real chatty about the crowds and lots of people.  Then walked away.

I still dont know if I printed and he was just seeing if it was a gun or maybe he was just trying to get me to move.  I really dont know.

Sounds like a dirty old man trolling for some ass!
Pervert!
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It never ceases to amaze me just how silly some of our members are.  And I dont mean the guy with the mac and cheese.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Little does he know.

A lot of truth in that.  I've been asked if I was a cop many times (all before I started carrying).  I keep my hair short cause it's no-maintenance.  If I accidentally flashed now, I'd venture that most people would assume LEO.

Dude - you look nothing like a LEO.  Maybe they think they have seen you in a police car before?  But in the back.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Funny...  I too have a bulge under my clothing that can be used to communicate the international language of love to the ladies.

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Years ago, I was waiting in line at a very busy taco bell and dropped a quarter.  Like most of us who carry, I automatically bend at the knees instead of bending over.

When I raised up up though, I hit the counter corner with the +2 extention on my spare G19 mag.  It knocked it off and the spring shot out of the bottom of the mag, straight up, along with 5 or 6 9mm rounds.  I was scrambling around on the floor like crazy trying to pick that stuff up.

Crazy assed Texans in line just laughed at me.

Another time, I was at my girlfriend's sorority's formal weekend.  It was at a resort getaway near Corpus.  When we first got there, everybody wanted to go see the pool.  I threw my lazy ass into a wicker chair and my pistol drug itself right out of my holster.

A 1911 with fake ivory grips makes a lot of noise and gets a lot of attention as it bounces around on tile at the sorority pool party.

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right, that's inexcusable behavior over Kraft Mac & Cheese.  If it were over a package of Stouffer's Mac & Cheese, it would have been appropriate.

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right, that's inexcusable behavior over Kraft Mac & Cheese.  If it were over a package of Stouffer's Mac & Cheese, it would have been appropriate.

I think he was just joking? I hope.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hoping they both were.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't joke around about macaroni and cheese.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I completely agree, one time this fucker looked at me and said "Man I love you" Then he reached for my beer.

I shot him in the fucking foot right there on general principal.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

That is one of the top 30 funniest things I have ever read on this site.

If I didnt like my tagline so much, I would be changing it.

Link Posted: 12/3/2005 2:07:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet that was the best damned mac & cheese you've ever had.  It always tastes better when you earn it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 2:46:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I was in the local gun shop one day.  Myself and this biker were both oogling a very nice looking Kimber 1911.  The owner walked over and pulled it out from the glass and offered it to us both.   The biker reached first...I pulled open my coat and showed him my box of instant Mac and Cheese.  I said "How badly do you want that Kimber".  He backed down rather hastily.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 3:12:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I was in the local gun shop one day.  Myself and this biker were both oogling a very nice looking Kimber 1911.  The owner walked over and pulled it out from the glass and offered it to us both.   The biker reached first...I pulled open my coat and showed him my box of instant Mac and Cheese.  I said "How badly do you want that Kimber".  He backed down rather hastily.

Link Posted: 12/3/2005 3:22:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

idiot
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 3:28:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

idiot

Looking in a mirror?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:31:07 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet that was the best damned mac & cheese you've ever had.  It always tastes better when you earn it.

Damn right.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:53:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Not me, but one of my all time favorite AR15..com stories.....

In Arizona where open carry is allowed, a team member - carrying - walks in to a Wally World for some essentials of some kind, and not long after, he hears a shrieking yell.................

LOOK OUT!!  HE'S GOTTA GUN!!!!

I havent stopped laughing since

Im sorry, thats fucking crazy hilarious to me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Just last month NY had some unseasonably warm weather and I was walking around my local Hollywood Video store with my snubbie on my belt holster and my sweater pulled off from it. I didn't even realize it was showing until the butt knocked a DVD to the floor.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was definatly his fault.

However, that didn't prevent the greeter lady from calling 911 when I shoved him, and it didn't keep all the people that saw it happen from thinking that I was some kind of deranged shoplifter who was about to shoot the LP guy.

It took a couple of hours for the police to sort out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#47]

Once!
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/3/2005 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#49]
somebody spotted me printing (I guess) in a convenience store once.  I didn't know until later when they tried to pull me over in their car (I was walking home), and told me that it's illegal to carry a gun in FL...  Funny, that's not what my CWP says on it.  After a minute or two of arguing about it, he changed his mind and said "Well, it IS illegal to have it on you if it's loaded".  I was just waiting for him to drive off because I didn't want to turn my back, and he finally did, frustrated that he couldn't convince me I was doing something wrong.

Another time, I was riding my motorcycle to Taco Bell and got rain soaked on the way, so when I got there, I took off my sweater to ring it out and didn't realize for about ten seconds of standing there that my shirt was tucked in under that and my IWB was open.  Fortunately, I don't think anyone noticed, as I didn't hear any screaming or 911 calls, but I bet it would be funny to watch me panic trying to put my sweater on asap on the security camera.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many rounds of mac in that magazine ?  

Does it do full auto (being instant all that)?  
If so, did you have to pay the tax stamp?  

I suppose an entire box of extra ammo is about $0.89 for generic?

Is the cheese a special kind of lubricant that doesn't trap dirt (I already know it clogs up)?

Shoots clean right?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top