Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 9/27/2012 9:46:53 AM EDT
Thinking about getting one as my new ccw since they have a thinner and smaller profile than my G23.  Im also not a big guy so sometimes its noticable when carrying the glock.  I love the little cm9 that I got for my wife to carry, but also love the .40s&w round.  Do you guys think this is a good comprimise as a concealible pistol in .40 ?
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:21:59 AM EDT
I had the CW9 and CW40, the .40 was very uncomfortable to shoot until I put a houge handall jr on it, it was very accurate for suxh a small gun, when I carried it it was hard to remember it was there.

If you are not recoil sensitive like me, you will probably like the CW40. I am in the process of trading of a glock for a P9 because I really regretted getting rid of my kahrs.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:34:40 AM EDT
Quoted:
Thinking about getting one as my new ccw since they have a thinner and smaller profile than my G23.  Im also not a big guy so sometimes its noticable when carrying the glock.  I love the little cm9 that I got for my wife to carry, but also love the .40s&w round.  Do you guys think this is a good comprimise as a concealible pistol in .40 ?

I have a CW40 with night sights  installed from Kahr.  I carry a SIG 226 in .40 as my work gun.  I can shoot just as well with the Kahr, just kicks a little more but with practice, recoil is not an issue.  The Kahr is for off-duty/concealed carry.  Hopefully carried a lot, shot occasionally.  I carried the SIG in a SERPA holster for off duty and really wanted a SERPA for the Kahr.  Since BH does not make a SERPA for the Kahr, I went with a Comp-Tac paddle.  It works great but just ordered an Infidel, IWB holster.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:17:19 PM EDT

Quoted:

I had the CW9 and CW40, the .40 was very uncomfortable to shoot until I put a houge handall jr on it, it was very accurate for suxh a small gun, when I carried it it was hard to remember it was there.

If you are not recoil sensitive like me, you will probably like the CW40. I am in the process of trading of a glock for a P9 because I really regretted getting rid of my kahrs.

Handall definitely helps, I'm thinking now about CW45
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 4:45:12 PM EDT
I traded a CW40 for a CW9. The 9mm has (obviously) a little less recoil and carries one more round. When your gun only holds 6 or 7 bullets, one more is big increase. No real problems with either one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:11:44 AM EDT
I shot the 9,40 and 45. I liked the 9 and 45. I ended up with the cw45. Just did not care for the recoil pulse of the 40 out of a small gun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:23:32 AM EDT
I own a CW9 and would bet my life on it.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Top Top