Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:07:03 AM EDT
I just got a Glock 26 yesterday. Whats does everyone carry in theirs? I have some Remington 147gr Golden Sabers I got for a hell of a deal a few months back. For the shorter barrel do I want somthing a little lighter and faster? The 147gr works fine in my CZ-75 but not too sure on the Glock. Would +P and +P+ loads be safe? I'm thinking 124gr Gold Dot would be best.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Both Golden Sabers & Gold Dot's  are good no matter what weight although I prefer a 124's at of either brand..
Corbon makes some 115 +P's.....Close to the New Jersey load.
And as long as it is factory ammo...including the big bad WOLF steel case,,,,NO you won't hurt you baby glock...You should see the loadings for sub-machine gun 9mm ammo....That is hot and all 9mm glocks will eat it without a hiccup.

Example--Nothing like shooting a 22lr pistol made out of zinc and pushing CCI Stingers out of it...Only a  matter of time till it comes apart..
But never any issues with a Glock...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Winchester Ranger SXT 124grain +p+
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I love the Winchester SXT 147gr. The recoil is smooth...more like a gentle push with very little no muzzle rise.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
If the 147gr SXT has less muzzle flip I might have to give it a try. That would definately be a plus in a small gun. Probably just need to buy a couple boxes of several types to see what I like.

Who carries the 9mm Ranger SXT ammo? All I can find is the Ranger .40 cal.

Any ideas of where to get a good non-leather IWB holster?

thanks for all the help
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:17:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If the 147gr SXT has less muzzle flip I might have to give it a try. That would definately be a plus in a small gun. Probably just need to buy a couple boxes of several types to see what I like.

Who carries the 9mm Ranger SXT ammo? All I can find is the Ranger .40 cal.

Any ideas of where to get a good non-leather IWB holster?

thanks for all the help

That's exactly what you need to do; try several brands, weights, loads and find one or two that you like.

The gun store beside my office carries the Ranger SXT so I guess I'm lucky but check around with your local shops

As far as IWB holsters go check out the Comp-Tac CTAC.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Alot of good reviews out there for the CTAC. Sounds like they have great customer service. They offer a 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn't fit well for you. Someone mentioned breaking a belt clip and they sent him a free replacement right away. I think they kydex is a good idea. Very streamlined like the glock as there are no buttons to push just draw the pistol and shoot. No fumbleing around which would be the last thing I would want to worry about.

We do have a local store which probably has the Ranger SXTs but they more than likely will be charging double.  I might stop by there today for my usual look laugh and leave routine. They have a huge store but prices are crazy. Sportsman's warehouse has Gold Dots which arn't bad with my 10% discount I get. I can get 1000rds of Q3131 for $220 out the door from them.. May have to stop by there also but I know they don't have the Ranger SXTs.

Thanks again for the help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top