Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 5:23:57 PM EDT
I installed a set of Ameriglo classics on my G19 today. The rear sight was extremely tight, to the point where I thought the Glock Sight pusher would seize up. I backed the sight out and filed just enough to knock the finish off. The second try was better, but still really tight. After another touch up with the file they fit nicely, still extremely tight using the tool, but not to the point where it felt like they were binding or the tool would break. My question is about rust. Should I remove the sight and touch up the bare metal with cold blue or some other finish or leave it as is and not worry about it? I realize rust isn't really a big issue with Glocks, but I'm not sure about the sights rusting and possibly ruining the slide. I'll have access to the sight pusher later this week if I should need to remove them and touch it up, but if it isn't needed, i'll not waste my time and/or possibly mess up the sight. Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The Ameriglo sights are Aluminum not steel, so rust won't be an issue.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Ameriglo sights are Aluminum not steel, so rust won't be an issue.

Ameriglo's website states they are bar stock steel... i guess i could drop some oil at the base of the sight every once in a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top