Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:32:20 AM EDT
I want to get away from the paddle-holsters and go back to a more traditional carry, but I used to go through regular dress belts way too quickly.  I now understand I need to invest in some good dress-quality belts that are up to the task of carrying a holster and offside mag/light carrier.

I've read some good things about Aker Gunleather.  Anybody here use their dress belts?  They have a laminate insert between the layers of leather and look they'd hold up well.  Any first-hand experiences would be appreciated.

I'll probably just order one belt to start with, to check out quality, fit, comfort, etc. & then order other belts (and new holsters) if I am happy with the first one...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I have three of them - one black for IWB, one brown for IWB, and another, shorter brown one for OWB.  They are, in my opinion, by far the best deal out there as far as gun belts go.  I got mine for $30 at Galls.  They are very rigid and I can comfortably carry my Glock 21 OWB without a problem (not for concealed carry, though).  The only drawback I can see is that they are quite thick (due to the plastic insert), so they don't work all that well with holsters that utilize a clip.  I use mine mainly with a Milt Sparks Versa-max II and it works perfectly (1 1/2" loops).
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually like their belts.  Good value for the money.  Had to get one because my family (the women) was bitching that wearing my wilderness belt in most situations was a fashion faux pas.  Either way, i ended up liking it and it's my every day belt.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top