Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 8:48:15 PM EDT
Whats the general opinion on the IQ ammo?
Whats the effect on bore wear with the alloy bullet?
Hows accuracy?
I was given a box to try but seems kinda far out there to me.
Raymond

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked at some this weekend, Im going to order some I have heard good things, but never shot it myself
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
HUGE muzzle flash.   Light recoil.  Does a good job on water jugs.  Not as accurate in my Kimber as conventional bullets.  I wouldn't worry about barrel wear, the alloy is softer than the guilding metal jackets on jacketed bullets.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#3]
What about the point of impact compared to regular ball ammo? Does it shoot higher, lower, or same?  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I put the box I have through the P14-45.Huge muzzle flash is an understatement.Sparks also fly out of the breech on ejection.Had one guy come up and tell me I needed to check my load specs fearing I had overloaded some ammo.If you want to get folks attention this is the ammo to use.Fairly light recoil was noticed.All the cases ejected fine out to about four feet.
Accuracy is fair compared to the Remington hardball and Golden Sabers I compared it to.Good enough though.It shoots about 4" high at 25 meters in my P14.
Shot some six by six posts and it blew right through.The Sabers did not go through but knocked the crap out of the posts...you could hear the sabers hit and the post visibly vibrated.
Anyway the IQ seems to be good stuff.I prefer the sabers though.
I will be buying some more of the IQ to play with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top