Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 8:50:16 AM EDT
I've used the CCI Mini Mags solids. Super accuracy. The Rem Golden bullets solids are reliable but not as accurate. Rem Thunderbolt solids are as accurate as the Golden bullets, but smoke and leave one heck of a lead deposit in the last inch of the barrel. No fun to clean.

What have you used thats reliable, cheap clean etc?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT

Gee, no one here has enjoyed the inexpensive fun of an Advantage Arms Conversion. It's great practice for the Glock trigger finger. Oh well.

M4-AK  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:12:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had excellent results with CcI Velocitors and Remington Cyclones in my Advantage Arms Conversion Kit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Just tried the Rem Golden Bullets Hollow Points. Even though the manual suggests no 35hp bullets, the Rem's worked just fine. Much cleaner than the Thunderbolt solids.  I've tried Federal bulk hp's and they didn't work at all. Stove pipes, fail to fire, fail to eject.

Very happy with the knowledge that Rem Golden HP's work because I was having trouble finding affordable plated solids. Worked fine in both a 26  and a 19 conversion kit.

How do you like your conversion kit and what frame do you use it on?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Its good to know the Remington Gold Bullets work good, I'll give them a try real soon. I have a G17 that I use the AA Conversion kit on. I have excellent accuracy with it. I shot 150rds of Remington Cyclones (cheap hi-velocity bulk stuff) this morning, with zero problems, and 3-4" groups at 25yds. The Mini-mags and Velocitors are more accurate, but quite a bit more expensive.
The Advantage Arms Conversion is a great addition to any Glock, and has help improve my IDPA scores since I switched from 1911s to Glocks.
                                                                                         Andy
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Everyone at the range loves to shoot my conversion kits. Advantage needs to market their kits better. Almost everybody has a Glock but not too many realize these kits exsist. Advantage should ship out decals and flyers to hand out at the range.

Have you looked down your barrel after shooting the thunderbolt/cyclones for leading? Mine had big jagged deposits that were easy to see and awfully hard to scrape out. The Goldens just leave a clean barrel with easy to see grooves in the lands.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine (G17 LE) seems to run on all high velocity 22LR ammo. I even have some Remington standard velocity stuff that it runs on. I shoot Colibri through it in the garage at a pellet trap. The Colibri doesn't cycle the action so you get to practice malf drills at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
     I've had similar results ammo-wise as everyone else. The best advise I can give you is: Don't waste your money on anything but Remington Golden Bullets, Winchesters, and SOME CCI products. The best place in DFW for the 40 grain Golden Bullets is Academy ($9.60/500) They shoot clean with few if any problems. The Golden Bullet hollowpoints are more hit and miss for me. Sometimes I'll go through a box with no problems and sometimes I can't get through a mag.  I bought a box of the Cyclones to see how they run. The Viper solids and Yellowjacket HPs give me good results. The lead build up from the unplated bullets scared the crap out of me first time I saw it and it truly is a pain to clean.
  I have to reccommend regular cleanings, i.e. every trip to the range. I have trouble with build up in my chamber which I believe is the culprit for some problems. Lubrication is also important. I'm experimenting with using grease(Hoppe's) instead of oil. Preliminary results seem promising.
With bad ammo this gun is great for practicing corrective action drills.      
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had very good results with remington thunderbolt.

Plus it goes on sale for 7.99/500 at bi-mart quite often

Fidel
Out
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Post Ivan posting...

Sorry to hear the hp goldens are hit or miss. I'll let you know my results. So far no misfires.

M4-AK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top