Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 11:17:08 AM EDT
Ok, I may have missed this post somewhere before, so I have to ask. The most accurate semi-auto you can buy, money not an issue is.......................................
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#1]
No, you didn't miss it...because its a horrible question.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You're kidding right?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ok, I may have missed this post somewhere before, so I have to ask. The most accurate semi-auto you can buy, money not an issue is.......................................

I think the most accurate semi-auto is an M1 Abrams, but they are scarce.
Jim
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No, you didn't miss it...because its a horrible question.

this is true.  now if you limit it to regular production and not the super special competition stuff then maybe its answerable.  many people blieve ta the sig p220 is the most accurate out of the box pistol.  but the thing to remember is that 99% of firearms are infinitely more accurate than the people shooting them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I should be more specific. I've been shooting pistols for 2 years, Glocks, and big S&W's. I recently started getting into competitions at the local ranges. I understand there are different triggers, and what fits best for the individual. I was looking for the vast experience of my fellow AR.15 shooters to tell me what they like the best, and then decide on my own. I recently bought, over the last few months, 3 more,as I am told, accurate pistols.Kimber Team Match, USP .45 Tactical, and Sig226SportII, very different triggers and feels, all super accurate. Just wanted to know what you guys preferred. So I can look into it myself. Thanks
PS-Factory out of the box
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I recently bought, over the last few months, 3 more,as I am told, accurate pistols.Kimber Team Match, USP .45 Tactical, and Sig226SportII, very different triggers and feels, all super accurate. Just wanted to know what you guys preferred. So I can look into it myself. Thanks
PS-Factory out of the box

I doubt you'd find much better than the three you've listed. The only one I would say might be better would be the Sig P-210, a single stack 9mm that retails for a mere $1,800-2,000 or so.

AFAIK, only Les Baer offers an accuracy guarantee on their pistols. Aside from them, I'd bet on a H&K if all the guns were shot out of a ransom rest. But humans aren't Ransom rests so we all prefer one brand over another.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I've looked at the P-210, they are going for about $3500-$4000. But my local dealer was mentioning to me and everything I've been reading about Sig is the X5 is going to replace it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Horrible question, but I'll bite...  Probably an even tie between such olympic level target pistols as Pardini, Morini, Steyr, and a few others I can't think of.

Kent
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've looked at the P-210, they are going for about $3500-$4000.

Not as of about 6 months ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top