Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2004 3:44:51 PM EDT
Hey Guys... I have done some reading recently about the 9mm as a defensive round and have seen published some impressive test results. What about real life experiences?  How is the 9mm truly as a defensive round?   Is the 115 grain JHP by Federal or the +P by Corbon truly as good as rumor has it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I would trust a 9 with my life. I would personally go with a 124 grain just...because. I personally avoid corbon as if it were the plague. Got a bad vibe from them. Go with Gold dot, Hydra-shok, and Golden sabers. I'm partial to Hydra's and Gold dots myself.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey Guys... I have done some reading recently about the 9mm as a defensive round and have seen published some impressive test results. What about real life experiences?  How is the 9mm truly as a defensive round?   Is the 115 grain JHP by Federal or the +P by Corbon truly as good as rumor has it?

Go here and read about the various rounds. Check out the pics. I know I wouldn't want to be shot with any of them, but some look alot worse than others. Think Winchester Rangers..ugh.

www.ammolab.com/Test%20Results.htm

I gave up on my Corbons after seeing those pics, along with other info on shallow penetration.  It's for darn sure I never saw these things in the gun rags, before I spend a small fortune on Corbon ammo.
Top Top