Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 8:31:37 PM EDT
I bought my 92FS and took it to Cylinder and Slide and had a trigger kit put in it.  I take it to the range regularly and shoot Ultramax ammo.  When I fire slow fire, I never have a problem.  But when I shoot double taps, sometimes it won't cycle back and cock the hammer on the second shot.  Any ideas on what is wrong here.  I really like this pistol.  It is almost as accurate as my 1911 and that is saying a lot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
If the slide is making it back to pick and load another round, the hammer is being cocked.  The problem would be that the sear is not retaining the hammer, and is following the slide back down.
This could be to too light of a sear engagement, or too light of a sear spring.

If the slide is not making it back to pick up the round, then the barrel may have been fitted too tight, or the recoil spring may be too strong.  On double taps, often the pistol is gripped with less pressure during the recovery, so think as the second shot as being weak wristed. But even at this, the pistol should still cycle.

Time to send the unit back to the smith to be corrected.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:13:43 AM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried different combinations of ammo and magazines? Did this happen before the C&S mods?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did this happen before the C&S mods?

If it didn't, it doesn't matter what the problem is, take it back to C&S.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#5]
is it not cocking the hammer or is the hammer following the slide home? i had a 92G that would do that when we put the sear spring in backwords.

just a thought.

Ronald
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
is it not cocking the hammer or is the hammer following the slide home? i had a 92G that would do that when we put the sear spring in backwords.

just a thought.

Ronald

That was exactly the problem.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]
to tell you the truth, you don't need a trigger kit put in a beretta. they are light enough, unless u like the air to blow off ur rounds instead of you..i personally like my trigger, and so does every1 else at the range..just a though
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:15:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
to tell you the truth, you don't need a trigger kit put in a beretta. they are light enough, unless u like the air to blow off ur rounds instead of you..i personally like my trigger, and so does every1 else at the range..just a though

Evidently you haven't ever fired a Sig.  Their triggers are butter smooth and feel just right.  I thought my Beretta needed a little work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top