Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/22/2006 5:36:14 PM EDT
Anyone who has shot both have any opinion on which of the two would be a better overall buy for a first Beretta? I like the looks of the Brigadier a little better than the standard 92 FS but I read on this board that the slide was a little thicker which might make purchasing holster accessories a little more difficult ... What about function? I would guess that they are pretty much identical ... So, anyone with experience on both care to share their opinion?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:41:46 PM EDT
Don't worry about the heavier (thicker) slide. I haven't had any problems with holsters or accesories. I have an old 92FS and a 92G Elite II with the brigadier slide. I definitely prefer the heavier slide.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:35:34 AM EDT
You could fit a Brig into a looser holster either by getting a bigger "one size fits most" one, or by streching out a leather one. I carry my 92 with a hard plastic form fit holster that I know for a FACT that Brigs won't fit into (I tried to holster a friend's one just for S&G's, and it was a no-go). Get what you like and worry about the details later.
Top Top