Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:35:55 PM EDT
Have a 625 with a 4" barrel. It has a gold bead sight, but I'm thinking of putting a tritium front dot on it. Is that somthing I can do myself or should I have someone do it?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can buy a correct front sight with the Tritium insert, it's a direct change-out.
Remove the sight blade pin and old sight, insert the new sight, and re-install the pin.

Things might get a little more involved if the new front blade isn't drilled for the pin.

If you can't buy an appropriate front sight with the insert, you'll have to have the insert installed by one of the night sight makers.
They all offer installation services, and in the case of a removable sight, all you would probably have to do is send in the actual blade for installation.

You cannot buy just the Tritium tubes to install yourself.
These are regulated by the Federal government and can be installed only by a company with the license to work with them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input dfariswheel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top