Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2010 6:45:48 PM EDT
I haven't been drinking my Glock Kool-Aid lately. Been off playing with my 1911's for a while. Being lazy and looking for an immediate answer, as opposed to actually looking for myself, I figured I'd ask here if Glock is going to make a Gen4 model 34? If so, what is the time frame?

Thanks,
CM
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think so.  But why a Gen 4?  I have a Gen 3 and it is amazing.  If you are concerned with ergos, do what I did, send it to Boresight Solutions.  Or you may want to look at the SW MP 9mm Pro.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been doing a fair amount of searching...... no signs of a release date on anything but the 17/22/19/23.

They are pretty straight forward if you call. Got the delivery date for my dealer..... which THEY didnt even known when i called them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
They'd be idiots to not release every model in Gen. 4 and standardize. If the Gen. 4 is supposed to be an improvement, either shit or get off the pot IMO.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 2:27:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They'd be idiots to not release every model in Gen. 4 and standardize. If the Gen. 4 is supposed to be an improvement, either shit or get off the pot IMO.

I just picked up a Gen4 G19 and just handling it, I can say it is an improvement.

I've got fairly large hands and have always had to throw the Hogue slip-on grip on my 9/40 Glocks because the frame was just a *smidge* too small to get a decent amount of my support hand palm on (left side of the gun). With the large backstrap installed that has definitely changed. I can't wait to shoot it!

I'd buy a Gen4 G34 because I carry a G34 on duty and would love to be able to ditch the Gen3 with the Hogue for a large-backstrapped Gen4 gun.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"suppose to be" and "is" is the problem; until they un-fuk the gen4 spring problems in 9mm, its hardly an improvment
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think Glock would like to and that is their hope, but if people dont buy them, it could be a problem. I personally like the Gen 4 pistols a lot, but there seem to be many who dont feel they made any worthwhile improvements with the Gen 4's.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Glock would like to and that is their hope, but if people dont buy them, it could be a problem. I personally like the Gen 4 pistols a lot, but there seem to be many who dont feel they made any worthwhile improvements with the Gen 4's.

When talking about the recoil spring assembly in the 9mm, yes. Like any fresh changes, once the teething problems get worked out, it will be a sound design. Of all the folks i've spoken/shot with, they all feel like the 4th Gen is a solid improvement over the 3rd Gen. Like you, I really dig the 4th Gen...definite difference in grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top