Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Model
13 & 36-3inch
The sexy twins
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
My S&W model 13 357 and the model 36 ladysmith w/rosewood grip 38 I bought my mom years ago, both with 3"barrels
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Very nice. No lock, comp, bobbed hammer. Classic
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MRW:  Trying it with some home-bobbed Altamont grips

https://i.imgur.com/hqBVlfw.jpg
View Quote

I wince every time I see one of your pictures w/ a gun laying on rocks or concrete.  Beautiful revolver.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MRW:

Yes, I thought of you specifically when I took this photo.  payback for your @ regarding the 638.  I'm broke.

Perhaps I should put a piece of plexiglass between them...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:

I wince every time I see one of your pictures w/ a gun laying on rocks or concrete.  Beautiful revolver.

Yes, I thought of you specifically when I took this photo.  payback for your @ regarding the 638.  I'm broke.

Perhaps I should put a piece of plexiglass between them...

I think you're about as bad as Motown_Steve when it comes to revolvers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]
One more 3-incher born last night:

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]
damn, I need you to do my M10
View Quote

If you can figure out how to get it to MO without committing a felony I would give it a go.

I don’t guess you have the ability to remove the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BASE:

If you can figure out how to get it to MO without committing a felony I would give it a go.

View All Quotes
damn, I need you to do my M10

Where in MO are you?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MaxC1776:

Where in MO are you?
View Quote

I’m in St Charles
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#15]

I’m in St Charles
View All Quotes

Where in MO are you?

I’m in St Charles

I'll send you a PM
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Manurhin MR 73 3 inch.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I picked up a 3" 686+ with the unfluted cylinder last week, cool gun.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MRW: I decided to go with classic Mangas and a BK grip on the PC M13

@backbencher  no concrete

https://i.imgur.com/cJIX1Kv.jpg
View Quote

Hurrah!  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had/have several including a 3" S&M M60-2, and a new 3" Colt King Cobra. It's hard not to love the Colt D Frame revolvers.

Here is one of my favorite Colt's. It's an Agent frame with a 3" Detective Special barrel:

Here's one I sent down the road to another board member, it was built from a 4" M65-5;

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#21]

I’m in St Charles
View All Quotes

Where in MO are you?

I’m in St Charles

Good to know there is someone close by that can do work like that. Definately a dieing art.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Very cool build, not mine.

Smith & Wesson Performance Center Jerry Miculek 929 Custom Revolver ICORE
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn, that 929 is hot!  I can't even guess how much a conversion like that must cost.  Probably about as much as the base gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Little baby 3 inch I picked up today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:30:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XM21Nick] [#27]
Saw a 3” 64 today . $600.00 . Excellent condition but no factory box or grips. Passed .
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#28]
It's like a S&W Model 686, but travel sized!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Model 65

Model 31

Almost counts….2.75” Speed Six
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By --FLEET--:
https://i.imgur.com/rn4N0wS.jpg
Model 65

https://i.imgur.com/tnXAzEQ.jpg
Model 31

https://i.imgur.com/gxxyfRi.jpg
Almost counts….2.75” Speed Six
View Quote

What grips are on the model 31?
Very nice collection there
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By tacklenut:

What grips are on the model 31?
Very nice collection there
View Quote

Thank you. They are just some basic fake ivory's from Boone Trading Co. Which I believe are made by Altamont but with medallions
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Nothing too crazy, my 3" 686+ unfluted with a set of Hogue grips and a Dawson Precision front fiber optic.

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#33]
I have 2 of the S&W 24-3's from Lou Horton. They some the best looking pistols eve made.
and they shoot very well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#34]
one of the oddball guns I'd like to find someday is the M&P360 3", basically a scandium frame (with steel cylinder) Model 60

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:01:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#35]
View Quote

Couple of M&Ps for you.  The slide on grip didn't stay on the Shield long, it's got a Talon grip now and the 360 has a "plug" and the lock completely disabled (nub ground off) since the recoil is so sharp.  I've put ten rounds of .357 through it back to back- shoot, reload, shoot- but I normally just load it with .38 +Ps.  IIRC, the cylinder is titanium, not steel; I know it's some alloy.  The whole thing weighs about 15oz.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:
Saw a 3” 64 today . $600.00 . Excellent condition but no factory box or grips. Passed .
View Quote

Not out of line for a three inch.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:

Yep, if you really want a 3" that's not a bad price these days.  The days of the $125 police trade-ins are long gone (yep, I bought a handful of 4" model 64s back in the  day for $125/each- I wish I'd kept at least one of them but I sold them to friends and family when prices started to climb ).
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By F224:
I've had/have several including a 3" S&M M60-2, and a new 3" Colt King Cobra. It's hard not to love the Colt D Frame revolvers.

Here is one of my favorite Colt's. It's an Agent frame with a 3" Detective Special barrel:

https://i.imgur.com/69tZlS8.jpg

Here's one I sent down the road to another board member, it was built from a 4" M65-5;

https://i.imgur.com/6pOVwRE.jpg

View Quote

Who'd you have slabside the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

Couple of M&Ps for you.  The slide on grip didn't stay on the Shield long, it's got a Talon grip now and the 360 has a "plug" and the lock completely disabled (nub ground off) since the recoil is so sharp.  I've put ten rounds of .357 through it back to back- shoot, reload, shoot- but I normally just load it with .38 +Ps.  IIRC, the cylinder is titanium, not steel; I know it's some alloy.  The whole thing weighs about 15oz.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70832/M_Ps_-_Copy_jpg-2814075.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70832/M_Ps_-_Copy_jpg-2814075.JPG
I like that a lot

I have a 340M&P and it's fine, but I'd love a 3" version for the extra sight radius and velocity, and an exposed hammer just because I like them. The 3" barrel is a pretty ideal balance of ease of carry and velocity. It'd be a nice lightweight hiking gun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:12:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#40]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By CFletch:
I like that a lot

I have a 340M&P and it's fine, but I'd love a 3" version for the extra sight radius and velocity, and an exposed hammer just because I like them. The 3" barrel is a pretty ideal balance of ease of carry and velocity. It'd be a nice lightweight hiking gun.
View Quote

That was actually my plan for it (hiking/outdoor gun) to replace a 642 that I normally use for that purpose but for whatever reasons I've stuck with the 642; part of it is the 642 fits in the old camera bag on my backpack belt but I guess I'm just used to the 642.  I do like it though and I carry it on occasion.  It is definitely harder to find holsters for 3" J frames though.  

I'd really like to find a J frame in .32H&R (or .327) with a 3".
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:53:42 AM EDT
[#42]

That was actually my plan for it (hiking/outdoor gun) to replace a 642 that I normally use for that purpose but for whatever reasons I've stuck with the 642; part of it is the 642 fits in the old camera bag on my backpack belt but I guess I'm just used to the 642.  I do like it though and I carry it on occasion.  It is definitely harder to find holsters for 3" J frames though.  

I'd really like to find a J frame in .32H&R (or .327) .30 SC with a 3".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CFletch:  I like that a lot

FIFY.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#43]
This is kinda close.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#44]

FIFY.
View All Quotes

FIFY.

Negative, I like the ability to A) actually find something that I can shoot out of it (I have my doubts as to how long .30 Super will be around and I honestly haven't paid much attention to it) and B) the ability to shoot a variety of cartridges out of it since it can still be harder to find than .38.  .32 is super easy to reload too.  I had a K frame 4" .32 S&W Long for a while; one of the easiest shooting guns I've owned and very easy to teach new shooters with.  I wish I'd kept it but I sold it to a female co-worker.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Negative, I like the ability to A) actually find something that I can shoot out of it (I have my doubts as to how long .30 Super will be around and I honestly haven't paid much attention to it) and B) the ability to shoot a variety of cartridges out of it since it can still be harder to find than .38.  .32 is super easy to reload too.  I had a K frame 4" .32 S&W Long for a while; one of the easiest shooting guns I've owned and very easy to teach new shooters with.  I wish I'd kept it but I sold it to a female co-worker.
View All Quotes

FIFY.

And .327 is actually more powerful, iirc

I do wonder if you could use moon clips to fire .30SC from a .327, though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

FIFY.

I needs to know.  

I'm moving from a Glock mag SUB-2000/Gen 5 26/9x19mm SP 101 carry setup to a 5.56x45mm Fold AR, which leaves me open on the pistol/revolver caliber, and I could go .30 SC if I could find a revolver to run it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#47]

I needs to know.  

I'm moving from a Glock mag SUB-2000/Gen 5 26/9x19mm SP 101 carry setup to a 5.56x45mm Fold AR, which leaves me open on the pistol/revolver caliber, and I could go .30 SC if I could find a revolver to run it.
View All Quotes

FIFY.

I needs to know.  

Hmm, I did not realize that .30SC was the same diameter as .32- guess I should have looked first.  That does open up some interesting options but I still wouldn't put money on it being a long running cartridge; it just hasn't caught on from what I'm seeing.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Hmm, I did not realize that .30SC was the same diameter as .32- guess I should have looked first.  That does open up some interesting options but I still wouldn't put money on it being a long running cartridge; it just hasn't caught on from what I'm seeing.  
View All Quotes

FIFY.

I needs to know.  

Three gun manufacturers now, including a carbine.  I think that makes it more successful than .45 GAP.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Way to set the bar.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Hurrah!  Thank you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MRW: I decided to go with classic Mangas and a BK grip on the PC M13

@backbencher  no concrete

https://i.imgur.com/cJIX1Kv.jpg

Hurrah!  Thank you.

it's propped up underneath with a rock.
Page / 9
3” revolver (Page 5 of 9)
Top Top