Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2001 8:59:40 AM EDT
A few years ago I built a Frankengun 1911 for the fun of it.  I learned a lot and spent even more he

Anyone else run into this? Suggestions?

HELP!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a Glock.

I wish I could help, but I haven't had the pleasure of tearing apart and tweaking a 1911, yet.

P.S.
I was joking about the Glock.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the trigger yoke is dragging on one or more of your mags. Do some of them not fall cleanly from the gun? Use smoke or Magic Marker to note if there is contact. Also check that the grip safety is actually disengaging when it is depressed. If you have a spare, cut off the leg of it that blocks the trigger's rearward movemnt. Also, look very carefully for debris that could hang up movement, and stake the hammer strut pin in place. It can move sideways and cause problems.  Beware surplus parts, particicularly disconnectors ans sear springs, and make certain that the sear spring is positioned properly, its lower curve in the slot in the frame, the upper legs engaging the sear and the disconnector. If your gun has the firing pin safety, make sure that no debris, burrs or deformation in the area of the plunger is preventing free movement of the parts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Guz, the fishermen around here have found that glocks last a lot longer than other guns, when used as trotline anchors <jk> he
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top