Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:29:04 PM EDT
Should I trade my new loaded Springfield operator (full rail) for a HK UPS tactical .45?  Opinions please.   Thanks, Dave
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
i would keep the 1911

h/w, how does the HK feel to you (i like the 1911 feel and shootablity better)?

how much did you pay for your op?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
no.

I have a USP and while it's nice and accurate, the ergonomics of the 1911 are way above the HK
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Should I trade my new loaded Springfield operator (full rail) for a HK UPS tactical .45?  Opinions please.   Thanks, Dave

NO....even though I really hate the crap parts the SA sometimes uses on their internals....you can take a Springie and, with a few judiciously replaced and fitted components create a very ready and durable weapon.  Springfield's F.I.B. frames and slides are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i would keep the 1911

h/w, how does the HK feel to you (i like the 1911 feel and shootablity better)?

how much did you pay for your op?

I really dont remeber the price.  I think it was $780?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
U must be crazy. Keep the 1911.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Ditto what Desertmoon said, you can replace some of the crap parts that SA puts in and end up with a very reliable handgun. I bought a used SA Mil-spec a couple of months ago, I've replaced the barrel bushing with a tighter one, replaced the slide stop, firing pin stop,and extractor This pistol shot flawlessly before I changed parts, 500 rnds No malfunctions. Since the parts change, I've shot another 200rnds through it, No malfunctions of any kind, The diffrence here is, there will probably not be any problems because the parts I've changed are much higher quality than stock, I feel I can expect many years of flawless shooting, well worth the $80 or I spent on parts. There tons of aftermarket parts for a 1911, There are very few for an Hk.... A reliable 1911(and I have two) is a joy to shoot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top