Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 7:00:33 PM EDT
Anyone know who makes these and what their reputation is?? it is a 7 round blued steel mag.  National Magazine perhaps???
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
could be way off but Springfield armory 45 national match?

just a guess...
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
could be way off but Springfield armory 45 national match?

just a guess...

It is much different from my factory SA mags
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Springfield doesn't make their own magazines, they contract out. Though I don't know a modern model called "NM" anything.

Pictures would really help.  Lost of them. Many modern magazines can be identified by their feed lips, follower, front cut, base, etc.  otherwise it would be pretty hard to say.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Springfield doesn't make their own magazines, they contract out. Though I don't know a modern model called "NM" anything.

Pictures would really help.  Lost of them. Many modern magazines can be identified by their feed lips, follower, front cut, base, etc.  otherwise it would be pretty hard to say.

They have what looks like a stainless steel follower (it probobly isnt though) and the follower is curved on the top where it contacts the round.  The curvature goes from one side to the other not front to back it is a stamped follwer and does not have two decks or  "layers" like cmc shooting star mag followers do.  It is not worth it to take pictures as it is not a huge deal, I just figured someone would know what they were.  It dont seem to be of the greatest quality and it appears there is some feed lip spreading towards the front of the feed lips.  It has always functioned fine so there is no need to toss it or anything yet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]
It's old. I remember seeing such magazines in gun mags like Guns & Ammo from the late 80s and early 90s.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's old. I remember seeing such magazines in gun mags like Guns & Ammo from the late 80s and early 90s.

That would make sense, this mag is from the early 90s...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Those are Springfield Armory mags...my GI came with those exact mags back in...83.....they have run flawlessly since.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top