Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2023 9:22:56 PM EDT
When you are looking at a used Glock and you see this…  

I’ve seen it more than once and it always gives me a chuckle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
That's worth an extra 50 off. I heard one guy say at the lgs when he was looking at a used ruger. I laughed and the owner said NO.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Windage overadjustment?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Windage overadjustment?
View Quote

The rear sight was drifted so far to the right it was partly out of the dovetail.  
It was still solidly in there but they couldn’t have moved it much further without losing it.  

I will give them credit as it has the markings of a sight pusher being used and not a punch.  

I always assume this is done by someone who cannot properly function a trigger and they always shoot way low to the left.  

I guess it’s easier to adjust the rear sight rather than learning proper trigger control.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Ironically that is how my first Gen5 G19 came from the factory. It was a known issue on the early Gen 5s.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ironically that is how my first Gen5 G19 came from the factory. It was a known issue on the early Gen 5s.
View Quote

Mine as well. I forgot all about it until you posted that. I believe that was the eBay sold more sight pushers than Carter has liver pills.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The rear sight was drifted so far to the right it was partly out of the dovetail.  
It was still solidly in there but they couldn’t have moved it much further without losing it.  

I will give them credit as it has the markings of a sight pusher being used and not a punch.  

I always assume this is done by someone who cannot properly function a trigger and they always shoot way low to the left.  

I guess it’s easier to adjust the rear sight rather than learning proper trigger control.
View Quote

Interesting... I shoot a little low and to the left with my G42 (mouse-sized .380) .  I always thought it was the pistol as my G23 is spot on.  any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Windage overadjustment?

Nope, I have 2 x Glock 22. One I had to have  the rear sight adjusted like that. I switch slides with guns and it still shoots off center. It isn’t me as the other G22 doesn’t do that and switching slides on a different frame stays consistently shooting off center.

Something is wrong with the slide., it isn’t the barrel, it is the slide.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#9]
My " windage adjusted rear sight."

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nope, I have 2 x Glock 22. One I had to have  the rear sight adjusted like that. I switch slides with guns and it still shoots off center. It isn’t me as the other G22 doesn’t do that and switching slides on a different frame stays consistently shooting off center.

Something is wrong with the slide., it isn’t the barrel, it is the slide.
View Quote

I am very certain there are exceptions such as what you and Aimless describe.  

My personal experience has never brought me to this with a Glock.
I have shot a lot of Glocks over the years including other people’s Glocks that “shot low and left” and they were true to aim wen I shot them.  They were mechanically accurate.

By no means am I anything special or an amazing shot.
I just have seen many folks with poor trigger control resulting with right handed shooters having low left impacts.   Glocks having mediocre triggers seems to amplify this.  

Maybe I am the odd one out.  I have just seen the drifted sights in used Glocks and thought it was a thing people did intentionally that made me chuckle.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
dbl tap
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I shot a LLama where the owner had the rear sight pushed partially off the gun it shot so far from point of aim
View Quote

Llama!

There's a name from the past.

I had one of their 1911 copies in the late '90s.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
It's just moved to line up with the crooked front sight.

Front sight will rotate CCW cause of how they are installed with a screw.

If the sight doesn't fit in the hole tight it can be pretty significant.

I have simple jig to align the front sight and use Loctite to bed it

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Did you shoot it? I can only imagine how bad it shot. I installed the sights on my 43x quickly cause I was heading out of town to go to georgia. They looked good to me. When in georgia, me and my brother in law went to the range. It shot left and threw me off. I thought it was me. It wasn’t till i came back home that I looked at it carefully. I had left the rear sight a little off and it was hard to see it at first. After I found the problem, it was easy to notice how far off it was, I just wasn’t looking as closely. Mine was no where near that off as the pics being posted.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Have not shot it yet.  
I did however drift the sight back to center.  

I’m still betting it was drifted so far due to poor trigger control.  

Will report back once I put some rounds through it.

I added the GPT and an extended slide stop lever.

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's just moved to line up with the crooked front sight.

Front sight will rotate CCW cause of how they are installed with a screw.

If the sight doesn't fit in the hole tight it can be pretty significant.

I have simple jig to align the front sight and use Loctite to bed it

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108486/IMG_7270_jpeg-2946692.JPG
View Quote

Never thought of that. I personally swapped out the factory sights with truglo.  Link to front sight alignment jig?
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Never thought of that. I personally swapped out the factory sights with truglo.  Link to front sight alignment jig?
View Quote
It's high dollar

2x4 with a grove down the center from a circular saw. The clamp is to squeeze it tight. Aline the firing pin center to the grove.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#18]
That is higher tech than what I use.  
I use pliers when replacing the front sight to keep it straight.  

I’ve also loosened them retightened it on a new gun because it was canted.   That was a plastic sight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's high dollar

2x4 with a grove down the center from a circular saw. The clamp is to squeeze it tight. Aline the firing pin center to the grove.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108486/IMG_7272_jpeg-2946898.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108486/IMG_7273_jpeg-2946903.JPG
View Quote

Nice!  Thx
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's high dollar

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108486/IMG_7272_jpeg-2946898.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108486/IMG_7273_jpeg-2946903.JPG
View Quote

That's pure genius.   Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Have not shot it yet.  
I did however drift the sight back to center.  

I’m still betting it was drifted so far due to poor trigger control.  

Will report back once I put some rounds through it.

I added the GPT and an extended slide stop lever.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125824/IMG_0716-2945248.jpg
View Quote

It’s a great pistol, I hope it shoots straight for you.  Nice purchase.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I shot a LLama where the owner had the rear sight pushed partially off the gun it shot so far from point of aim
View Quote

Llama!  Blast from the distant past.

My grandfather carried a Llama 380.  My uncle inherited it, and still has it.  I owned a couple of the updated 380s about 20ish years ago.

Yah, Llama is as Llama does.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Llama!

There's a name from the past.

I had one of their 1911 copies in the late '90s.
View Quote

Should of read the entire thread before posting what I did above.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

The  front sights do rotate.  I use a framing square (one leg with the wide "handle" on the front of the slide and the other along the top of slide / front sight) to ensure the sight is true to the slide geometry.

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I am pleased to say that the thing shoots straight with the sights centered.  

On a side note, the 19X looks pretty good when it gets a bit dirty.

Top Top