Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 52
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#1]
0.4 and over, BRO elevates the SRO slightly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
0.4 and over, BRO elevates the SRO slightly.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I was referring to the front sight (measured from the blade) only

This is a work in progress:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Gen 5 G26 MOS
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey duffy, quick question. Do we use a sealing plate with the fcd plate? I didn’t on mine but thats just cause I’ve heard from other people not to since the plate overhangs with the rmr on a glock.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
With OPF-G, RMR, it is not necessary.  It's been 3 years plus since it came out, and there's been 3 years plus worth of real world use and experiences that back up the stated feature that it does not need a sealing plate.  The only time when we would suggest one is if the user dives with it, to depths up to 66ft / 20 meters.

More info here
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Exactly what I want to go with my G19.5.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]

That will be my next Glock purchase.  Gonna go with my now standard MOS setup; Type 2 RMR, FCD plate, and Trijicon suppressor height sights.  That’s how my G19, G34, and G21 MOS guns are set-up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Man, I am fighting the urge to not order one of those...
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]

@Duffy

Roger, you need a OEM +2 extension on that setup.  
Looking good!  

I wished they put a rail on that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd keep it small and compact, the way it was intended and made to be

I tried putting our aluminum floor plate (doesn't add more rounds) but the mag well is shaped like that of the G19X, can't use other full size Gen5 9mm floor plates
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@Duffy

Roger, you need a OEM +2 extension on that setup.  
Looking good!  

I wished they put a rail on that.
View Quote

Agreed,  Be badass with a Tlr-7 SUB on it and a dot.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Because you guys asked. Also before anyone asks, it'll work with the new RMR HD and RCR, though putting such big sights on a G43X or G48 wouldn't make any sense

It's a prototype, the production version will be streamlined a bit.  In order to provide the RMR with a front fence which together with the lugs, will keep the sight tight and immobile, the plate has to be thicker.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Just took delivery of my long awaited RMR HD. Fit was a bit tight up front between the lugs and front fence area, had to give it "a little love" to seat. But, it's on and looks great.

Happy to report my Night Fision suppressor height sights are now ~ L1/3 (or L1/4 maybe) in the new RMR window. That's actually perfect for me.

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#15]
RMR HD requires the same height of sights as SRO, same goes for RCR.  Slightly taller, but they're easier to use for being taller too.

I'm still waiting for mine, not an influencer therefore chopped liver for Trijicon marketing department
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
RMR HD requires the same height of sights as SRO, same goes for RCR.  Slightly taller, but they're easier to use for being taller too.

I'm still waiting for mine, not an influencer therefore chopped liver for Trijicon marketing department
View Quote

I'm good with the irons as they are now, actually like it better than I had with the Type 2.

Sorry bro, hope your stuff comes in soon. Mine took almost 2 months..
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordered on Aug 1,, it'll be October soon.  Once we got the engineering samples, we don't need the actual, working sights anymore, still would like to see them and get hands on experience with them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That will be my next Glock purchase.  Gonna go with my now standard MOS setup; Type 2 RMR, FCD plate, and Trijicon suppressor height sights.  That’s how my G19, G34, and G21 MOS guns are set-up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mine too. Carried the 26 for years and honestly miss it. With the ease of the released MOS version I’m a cunt hair away from jumping back in.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By:
Just took delivery of my long awaited RMR HD. Fit was a bit tight up front between the lugs and front fence area, had to give it "a little love" to seat. But, it's on and looks great.

Happy to report my Night Fision suppressor height sights are now ~ L1/3 (or L1/4 maybe) in the new RMR window. That's actually perfect for me.

https://media.fotki.com/2v2eDNuQ2x9T3R.jpg
View Quote

@MackDaddy1962

What mag well and extended mags are you using in that pic?
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@MackDaddy1962

View Quote

@M4

Tyrant CNC magwell, Strike Industries +5 polymer mag extensions for OEM Glock 19 mags. After taking this on it's maiden voyage yesterday, I just ordered 3 more of the SI mag extensions. Not that I want 20 rounds in the mag, but man is it a joy to load 15 rounds in them. The stock Glock G19 mags are a super PITA to get the last 2 rounds loaded. And, I use an UpLula too. So.. SI extenders for all 5 mags it shall be. They come with a new, longer spring as well.

I had no issues with the extended mags. They're easier to insert, remove and most of all get 15 rounds loaded without drama. Perfect.

Tyrant CNC magwell is super nice too. I know there are a ton of different options, but this one works like a dream for me.

This gun is not crotched, it's for home defense only. So adding the magwell & mag extensions are a non issue.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@M4

Tyrant CNC magwell, Strike Industries +5 polymer mag extensions for OEM Glock 19 mags. After taking this on it's maiden voyage yesterday, I just ordered 3 more of the SI mag extensions. Not that I want 20 rounds in the mag, but man is it a joy to load 15 rounds in them. The stock Glock G19 mags are a super PITA to get the last 2 rounds loaded. And, I use an UpLula too. So.. SI extenders for all 5 mags it shall be. They come with a new, longer spring as well.

I had no issues with the extended mags. They're easier to insert, remove and most off all get 15 rounds loaded without drama. Perfect.

Tyrant CNC magwell is super nice too. I know there are a ton of different options, but this one works like a dream for me.

This gun is not crotched, it's for home defense only. So adding the magwell & mag extensions are a non issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@MackDaddy1962

@M4

I had no issues with the extended mags. They're easier to insert, remove and most off all get 15 rounds loaded without drama. Perfect.

Just got a G45 MOS. Was looking at the 19X but don't care for the color and all of a sudden discovered the G45 being essentially the same gun in black. So I'm working with G17 mags already. Not sure I need an extension, but like you this is an HD gun so not concerned with it for carry and more ammo in this use case is never wrong. For HD, I might just extend the 17 mags and your extensions are ones I hadn't seen before. Thanks for the info.

The mag well looks great too. Not too bulky, but enough to open things up for faster reloads.

Thanks for sharing the details!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Just got a G45 MOS. Was looking at the 19X but don't care for the color and all of a sudden discovered the G45 being essentially the same gun in black. So I'm working with G17 mags already. Not sure I need an extension, but like you this is an HD gun so not concerned with it for carry and more ammo in this use case is never wrong. For HD, I might just extend the 17 mags and your extensions are ones I hadn't seen before. Thanks for the info.

The mag well looks great too. Not too bulky, but enough to open things up for faster reloads.

View Quote

Sweet! New G45 MOS is a good thing. I've got fairly small hands, and I did a build up for my buddy (G17 MOS) a year or so ago. I liked it quite a bit, but the 19 fits me better. For what that's worth.. Ha!

Yes sir, the additional rounds in the mag are a good thing, and truthfully I'll load them out more than 15. I'd assume trying to go 20 with the extensions would be a PITA too, so 18 should be a good number for me.

And, the Tyrant magwell is a really well made unit. Fit's like a glove and even though I thought the 19 frame was a perfect fit as is, my hand actually makes good use of the magwell. Added grip purchase that just feels right. I put one on my G48 MOS as well.

Rock on my brother!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sweet! New G45 MOS is a good thing. I've got fairly small hands, and I did a build up for my buddy (G17 MOS) a year or so ago. I liked it quite a bit, but the 19 fits me better. For what that's worth.. Ha!

Yes sir, the additional rounds in the mag are a good thing, and truthfully I'll load them out more than 15. I'd assume trying to go 20 with the extensions would be a PITA too, so 18 should be a good number for me.

And, the Tyrant magwell is a really well made unit. Fit's like a glove and even though I thought the 19 frame was a perfect fit as is, my hand actually makes good use of the magwell. Added grip purchase that just feels right. I put one on my G48 MOS as well.

Rock on my brother!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rock on my brother!

Now if someone could PM me the secret stash of RMR HD's, I'd be in business. Man, not easy to find.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Now if someone could PM me the secret stash of RMR HD's, I'd be in business. Man, not easy to find.
View Quote

They're hotcakes for sure. Mine took almost 2 months to come in from Kenzies Optics. Best of luck finding one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Place holder - just got me a 2nd hand MOS G19 - pretty happy.
Can't wait to show it off here (going to be in days).

Previous owner hasn't chosen any particular plate I think - he has an RMR sitting on it on the default Glock plate hence I guess I'll have to study the thread (which I will)

Picture of 2nd hand, Frankenstein G19 (4th gen lower with 5th gen upper MOS) - picture courtesy of previous owner

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Place holder - just got me a 2nd hand MOS G19 - pretty happy.
Can't wait to show it off here (going to be in days).

Previous owner hasn't chosen any particular plate I think - he has an RMR sitting on it on the default Glock plate hence I guess I'll have to study the thread (which I will)

Picture of 2nd hand, Frankenstein G19 (4th gen lower with 5th gen upper MOS) - picture courtesy of previous owner

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326068/bghjh-2975704.jpg

View Quote

Grab a FCD plate, you'll be happy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Grab a FCD plate, you'll be happy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, especially since the previous owner used screws that needed to be trimmed, and are pushing up the back of that plate.  No clue how bent it is now, but its likely bent.  Get the FCD plate, its a different league of plate.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yep, especially since the previous owner used screws that needed to be trimmed, and are pushing up the back of that plate.  No clue how bent it is now, but its likely bent.  Get the FCD plate, its a different league of plate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good eye.

One of my MOS plates was like that on my G17 along with scoring from the screws in the cutout.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Playing with FDE Cerakoted OPF-G, RMR

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Can you post a pic of the view from the back with sights and through the scs window? This is what I'm looking to get and wondering since it sits much lower than others without a plate, if it co witnesses on stock sights.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#34]
If that question was for us, we do not.  We don't support Holosun sights, some of their sights do work with our RMR plates but we only support sights made and/or based in USA or allied countries.

Thanks to Trijicon that includes both 6-32 and 6-40 screws, RCR is compatible with all of our RMR plates
The decision to keep use the same thickness and same spec screws for parts commonality has been a good one.  We had no idea back in 2019 that it was going to help us with RCR in 2023.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I was referring to the front sight (measured from the blade) only

This is a work in progress:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/mossights_jpg-2947615.JPG
View Quote
what rear sight does this chart go along with? Thanks for the work.

I have a G45-5 with a EFLX currently on the stock MOS plate and need tall sights. I want them low in the optic but usable. If your plate sits the optic lower I could be convicted to buy

ETA NVM I fingered it out on the website.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Updated chart:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Putting together new department guns. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#38]

I have that same sight in my 26 MOS. One of the Holosun mounting screws broke while firing.  Had to send slide to Glock to remove broken screw.  I’m using Battlewerks SCS screws now and they haven’t broke.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 5:45:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quick question for duffy:
Why is the M&P plate so tall in comparison with the Glock one?  I'd be super down to buy a few M&P optic plates if they weren't so thick.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#40]
The thickness often has to do with the screws we choose to use.  For SW RMR plates, we use 6-32 x 1/4 flat screws that have a countersink, the plate's thickness has to accommodate the countersink.

Glock uses smaller M3 screws, if they had used larger diameter flat screws, the plate wouldn't be 0.10" thick, it'll have to be as thick as the SW plate at 0.14".

Attachment Attached File

Which begs the question, why use the larger diameter screws?  We've always thought the M3 screws on Glock plates should have been larger in diameter, so we use larger and more robust screws when we can.  

As long as the plate fits snugly in the optics pocket, this is usually not as important.  Indeed, we place a lot more emphasis on sight to plate fit, but we don't neglect plate to slide fit.  A pistol mounted red dot faces a very unforgiving amount of recoil, so we scrutinize everything and make it as strong as possible to deny chances for components to fail.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I know it's a GLOCK thread but it'd be super cool if you made plates for the Beretta M9A4. Your plates have ruined me for anything else.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The thickness often has to do with the screws we choose to use.  For SW RMR plates, we use 6-32 x 1/4 flat screws that have a countersink, the plate's thickness has to accommodate the countersink.

Glock uses smaller M3 screws, if they had used larger diameter flat screws, the plate wouldn't be 0.10" thick, it'll have to be as thick as the SW plate at 0.14".

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/screw_JPG-3028259.JPG

Which begs the question, why use the larger diameter screws?  We've always thought the M3 screws on Glock plates should have been larger in diameter, so we use larger and more robust screws when we can.  

As long as the plate fits snugly in the optics pocket, this is usually not as important.  Indeed, we place a lot more emphasis on sight to plate fit, but we don't neglect plate to slide fit.  A pistol mounted red dot faces a very unforgiving amount of recoil, so we scrutinize everything and make it as strong as possible to deny chances for components to fail.
View Quote

Class 3 threads on the plate? I swear the sight to plate screws are incredibly tight, and sometimes difficult to get the threads started.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#43]
No plans to make plates for Berettas

The last plate to make an appearance in 2023 is the RMR plate for G43X/G48, it will have a front fence and recoil lugs for RMR, SRO, RMR HD and RCR so the plate will hold the sight as snug as OPF-G, RMR.

We recently switched from 18-8 black oxided T10 screws (60,000 PSI shear strength) to alloy steel T15 screws (140,000 PSI), not because our plates need stronger screws, 6-32 T15 screws are US made COTS and easier to source, they also can be torqued to far beyond recommended torque value, it's a way to preempt folks over torquing screws (i.e. without a proper torque wrench).
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/screw_JPG-3028259.JPG

View Quote

Why not make a straight through plate like the factory one without secondary screws?  The market currently lacks a full coverage thin M&P CORE plate that is made out of steel.  The closest thing that is available is the factory stamped plate with a large gap in the front and back.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#45]
OPF-SW, RMR was designed and made before RCR was announced, we found RCR doesn't come with long capstan 6-32 screws (the long capstan screws it does come with are 6-40, will work with FN509 and SIG P320).  Unless a plate manufacturer wants to make custom capstan screws, the plate will remain incompatible with RCR.

Fastener selection has a part to play in the plate's design, we've spent more time than we wanted on sourcing screws, and often have to get them made with our specs re: drive (Torx), material (alloy steel), tensile strength, in addition to length and thread pitch.

OPF-G, RMR is 0.10" thick, OPF-SW, RMR is 0.14" thick, doesn't make much difference in the backup sights that work with it.  In exchange, you get 6-32 screws that are beefier than M3 screws.  A rather small thing (0.04 height) for something far more useful (more robust fasteners).
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:28:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OPF-SW, RMR was designed and made before RCR was announced, we found RCR doesn't come with long capstan 6-32 screws (the long capstan screws it does come with are 6-40, will work with FN509 and SIG P320).  Unless a plate manufacturer wants to make custom capstan screws, the plate will remain incompatible with RCR.

Fastener selection has a part to play in the plate's design, we've spent more time than we wanted on sourcing screws, and often have to get them made with our specs re: drive (Torx), material (alloy steel), tensile strength, in addition to length and thread pitch.

OPF-G, RMR is 0.10" thick, OPF-SW, RMR is 0.14" thick, doesn't make much difference in the backup sights that work with it.  In exchange, you get 6-32 screws that are beefier than M3 screws.  A rather small thing (0.04 height) for something far more useful (more robust fasteners).
View Quote

The factory plate for the smith and wesson is something like .04, the cut is much shallower than a MOS deep cut so it's not really a fair comparison to the OPF-G.  I'm not trying to criticize, but I'm just saying that the thickness of the OPF-SW makes it nearly unusable with the factory sights.  The design of the factory plate is a straight through type where the same screw that goes through the RMR also goes into the slide almost as if the mounting plate functions as a sealing plate with indents and bosses.  I'm a big fan of the OPF-G, I'm just pointing out that there is no aftermarket solution as of yet for SW RMR mounting in steel and most end users are stuck with the shitty plastic factory plates if they want to use the factory tall irons.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:07:55 AM EDT
[#47]
We can't reliably machine a steel plate that is 0.04" thick, if we did, it'll probably bend easily.  One can  waterjet 0.04" plates, but it doesn't solve the bending/flexing problem you're seeing with plastic plates.

Compatibility with factory low sights isn't a factor, taller sights exist to co-witness with elevated sights (made by Night Fision and soon, Ameriglo.)  We try to make the plates low if we can, but will always choose reliability and durability over reduction in thickness.  I don't think anyone would willing choose factory sights compatibility if he knew the RDS won't stay put and the plate will bend as a result.

An agency chose a lower ACRO plate because it worked with factory SW sights, this was done at the expense of these 6061 ACRO plates being wholly out of spec stated by Aimpoint ACRO footprint TDP.  They prioritized lower height and factory sight compatibility in exchange for something far more important, it's a decision that will come back to haunt them.  Between Tangodown and us, we've seen plenty of plates fail and know the causes.  There is very little room for errors in an environment unforgiving as a pistol mounted red dot.

0.041 is very thin, these will be bendy and unreliable under recoil whether it's steel or aluminum, not a risk we're willing to accept.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks duffy, I appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#50]
It's not worth the tradeoffs.  

We looked into to it, for losing 0.04" of height at most, you get these:

Plates more liable to bend during manufacturing
Shorter screws (maybe 6-32 x 1/4), but as long as it meets minimum thread engagement, it'd be fine, still there is precious little length inside the plate, this doesn't make me comfortable
Incompatibility with Trijicon's RCR

The common 6-32 x 3/8 sight to plate RMR screws will be too long, users will bend the plate if they use the longer screws on thinner plates.

The plate will also not be compatible with Holosun 407 and 507 sights, not that I care about their sights working or not working with our plates, but some would use the screws that came with their sights and bend the plate because they don't read instructions.

All these for 0.04" reduction in sight height, you can see why we won't do it.
Page / 52
Top Top