Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2008 5:19:47 PM EDT
Can I see some pics of some upgraded Model41 S&W?  And what is done to them
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
How's this? It's about $10K or so................

Link Posted: 9/24/2008 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Not mine.  Posted by Parshooter on page 5 of the picture thread above.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#3]
nice pistiols....any hogue grips available for them or a website that sales upgrades?
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
There are grips available, but I don't believe Hogue is one of them. The grips I've seen offered are more along the lines of a "target" style, i.e. oversized lke the Olympic/Camp Perry type shooters use.

What other "upgrades" are you wondering about? Trigger? Sights? What?
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/27/2008 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Not too much of an upgrade but I really like this one. The grips are Herretts that I have reprofiled at the back and refinished, the pistol had a trigger job done by Clark in it's past.

Link Posted: 9/29/2008 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Orwin what do you have done to your 41??  and does anyone sale hogue girps for them?
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes , scopes barrels, target grips, etc etc
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 6:40:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Orwin what do you have done to your 41??  and does anyone sale hogue girps for them?

If you're referring to the pic ORinTX posted, it has a Bully Barrels by Ray custom threaded barrel assembly.

The barrel is made without the top strap to prevent spent shells from jamming the action upon extraction.

It also includes an integral Weaver mount machined into the top of the barrel assembly.

They only come in brushed stainless finish, but he will bead blast it upon request for free, as shown in the pic.
He offers threaded and non-threaded models as well.

The pistol pictured is mine and I have enjoyed this setup very much. I added a Burris FastFire red dot sight.

Current S&W 41's come with Hogue laminate target grips straight from the factory. I just added a little grip tape on the thumbrest area and front strap of the frame.

I was looking to have my factory barrel assembly threaded for my suppressor, but I   was having a hard time finding someone locally to do it at a reasonable price and I really wasn't wanting to modify my factory barrel either.

Here is Ray's website, sadly though no barrles are currently for sale.

www.bullybarrel.ray-vin.com/barrels/frforsale.htm

Here's another pic.

Link Posted: 10/6/2008 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#10]
beautiful 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top