Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2002 4:43:06 PM EDT
Our president said this over 6 months ago. How can anybody on this board side with the palistinians?

Those who think Israel is causing us problems and we should abandon her are obviously siding with the terrorists. Shame on you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got this joke via email...

George W. Bush and Colin Powell are sitting in a bar.

A guy walks in and asks the barman: "Isn't that Bush and Powell?"

The barman says: "Yep, that's them."

The guy walks over and says: "Howdy, what you guys doin?"

Bush says: "We're planning 'World War III.'"

The guy says: "Really? What's going to happen?"

Bush says: "Well, we're going to kill 10 million Arabs and one bicycle repairman."

The guy exclaims: "Why on earth would you want to kill a bicycle repairman?!!!"

Bush turns to Powell and says: "See? I told you no one would give a shit about the 10 million Arabs!
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Our president said this over 6 months ago. How can anybody on this board side with the palistinians?
View Quote

Dude... while I agree with your sentiments, have you been away from the tube for the past couple weeks? It's Bush who has let that statement fall by the wayside REGARDING THE PALESTINIANS AND YASSIR ARAFAT - and remarked on ad infinitum by every tv pundit. IT DOESN"T APPLY TO THEM [b]ACCORDING TO BUSH.[/b]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It's kinda tough to justify our support of Israel considering some of the things they have done in the past few decades.

I don't like the Palestinians at all and I am in favor of some Israelli support but not unconditional. They are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a very delicate situation for the president. He did say that things are different for the PLO because Arafat has agreed to the Mitchel Plan. But you know as well as me that he still blames Arafat for the ongoing hostilities. He said so. On the other hand if Bush was to be true to his words, the US would have to invade and destroy most if not all Arab countries. Then we would have a major problem.

I just don't understand any real American backing Arafat and his PLO.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
rainman,

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but, you seem to bestow on GWB the attributes of sainthood and regard his words as gospel.

GWB is the President of the United States, but, he still just a man. In fact he is simply a successful politician and 80-90% of what he says publicly has been written for him by $300/hr speechwriters to promote his political and policy agenda.

To select a particularly appealing phrase and suggest that it divides or defines a nation is, I respectfully suggest, a somewhat simplistic view that ignores the enormous complexities of geopolitics.

Personally, I regard Israel and the Palestinians as two equally distant entities and how they behave should be entirely up to them.

Despite what GWB or Clinton might say, I regard that the U.S. allegiance with Israel is far, far more trouble that it's worth. And frankly, I don't really understand how this multi-billion dollar support for Israel ever came about and, apart from universal Islamic hatred, I cannot understand why it continues.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And frankly, I don't really understand how this multi-billion dollar support for Israel ever came about
View Quote

One word (acronym): AIPAC
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
When the president of the United States [the leader of the free world] goes on national, international tv and says "your either with us or your with the terrorists" it should be taken seriously by the population of the world. These are simple words to understand. It was a defining moment in the history of the United States. Some of you don't seem to understand the gravity of these words. There is no gray area. It is time to pick sides. This war will last many, many years. It may never be over. Abandoning Israel will not stop this war. Let me say that again. Abandoning Israel will not stop the hatred that the Muslims, Moslems, Islam, whatever, has for us. We are in a fight for our way of life. For our Christian God. It will never end until one side loses. Do you want to be on the losing side? This all boils down to the Bible or the Koran.
So, as our president said "your either with us or your with the terrorists"
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Better start bombing Switzerland.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#9]
rainman,
Wasn't it GWB's dad who went before the nation and said: "Read my lips. No more taxes!"?

Presidents are politicians not saints!
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
To say "your (sic) either with us or your with the terrorists" is way to simplistic.
Saying that all Palesinians are terrorists is like saying all blacks are gangbangers.

This whole mideast clusterf&ck goes way back.

Some here look upon Israel as our savior in the mideast, like they can do no wrong. ( oops! I guess I'll be branded anti- sementic for that statement. BFD)

I would say there are terrorists on both sides.
(Can you say Baruch Goldstien?)

Personaly, I could give a flying fu*k about Israel OR Palestine. Nuke them both.

There will never be peace in the mideast. If every Palestinian were killed tomorrow, ether Israel would make an excuse to attack Syria, Egypt, etc, OR Syria, Egypt, etc would make an excuse to attack Israel.

My biggest complaint is the money we keep pouring into Israel.

Doesn't mater the nationality, a tango, is a tango, is a tango.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top