Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 1:31:41 PM EDT
got a friend in oz. met a dude from the next state online, he told her he loved her after only a few weeks, hes got two kids in the middle of a visitation battle with his ex.shes in sydney hes in melbourne. hes only spent 3 days in sydney since meeting her a year ago.once for a business meeting he had there she drove him to,pickd him up at the airport took him to meeting drove him straight back. next he came with 3 relatives, she acted as tour guide, was never alone with him.

hes proposed marriage online with an email for her father to respond to. she lives with her parents at 34(shes from a muslim indian background and divorced). theres other stuff i cant go into,  shes excited about marrying this guy whos37( thats not a biggie), but he has no secure job, in the middle of a bitter visitation rights battle with ex and who doesnt come and spend even 1 week with her or her family in person even though tickets from melbourne to sydney only cost like $80 or as low as $50 with jet star flights.. this is all within the space of  a year.

thing is she sent me his proposal email letter and wanted to know what i thought.i let her now my concerns that it doesnt sound like hes as "in love" as he says.now i think ive lost her as a friend..but shes theone that askedwhat i thought in the first place. what would you have done?..  her parents think shes gone mad.

i wanna hear a mans perspective on this.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Let her learn her lesson.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the two of them were made for each other.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
People are like water and find their level.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for replying guys.  the whole thing sounds barmy to me.i told her to ask herself why he hasnt spent more time with her, and if its because he cant afford the ticket, then he has no business even proposing marriage.

i just dont know whats running though her head, guess she must be really head over heels, but love shouldnt be so blind, actions are what talk. to top it off i went to the site she met him on.. he sent her the proposal letter on the 9th of april... his last log in.. 30th of april.  no where in his profile does he even mention having met anyone.    ??????????

im left thinking WTF is wrong here???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top