Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2010 1:01:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 1:08:42 PM EDT
Yes.  I am going through workers comp injury for over a year today.  Questions> Did you file formal injury report?  If not do so right away.  Keep all correspondence with your company straight.  Start a time line/ log of everything that takes place.  There was a three day lapse until my workers comp and short term disability kicked in.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 1:09:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 1:09:53 PM EDT
Please understand that every state varies in its exact implementation of WC, but I will give you a general answer.

When you miss work from a compensable accident, you are paid money for the days you miss. Sometimes there is a period where they don't pay for the first three days missed until you have missed over 14 days, but to answer your question generally, yes you do get an amount for missed time.

I've been doing WC in MD over 20 years, and my advice would be:

File IMMEDIATELY to your appropriate Department.


Second, get an attorney who specializes in WC now. He will answer all of your questions in detail. If one doesn't have time to sit down and talk with you, get another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top