Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 11:40:56 AM EDT
I just started watching this show and its damn funny, is it a inside joke about the body armor? I missed most of the early episodes
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Cuz it's Reno 911...'nuff said!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Cause he's a weirdo.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#3]
He protrays a wannabe swat guy.  So wearing equipment improperly (or out of the norm) emits a "low speed" quality.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen more than a few real cops do that
slightly different style of carrier than this one but it's still over their uniform

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]
That way the bad guys know to make head shots.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]
cause it looks so BAD!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Some departments allow the wearing of external vests, but usually it's in a color coordinated vest carrier. It's a joke, and damn fine one at that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]
What I like to know is WTF is this guy supposed to be?

Is that a regulation uniform?

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Im pretty sure officer Dangle is gay.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ya think!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Only pretty sure?  lol
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's what I thought.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#13]
You didnt see the episode where Dangle conviced jones to give it a go?   Jones told everyone the next day Dangle was in the Hospital .... because he couldnt F bleep in walk..... Dangle is Bi-sexual by the way
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#14]
he is gay, one of the first season episodes he made out with a guy he pulled over.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Some of you guys are real masters of the obvious.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

indeed
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.comedycentral.com/images/press/gallery/m/reno911/Jim_Dangle.jpg

He's a Cheetah...a Law Enforcement Cheetah.
And no, it isn't reg.  He got special permission to do that.

Yup  haha
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Dangle is as queer as a 3-dollar bill.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#20]
DAMN...some of you guys ought to be detectives
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Dangle is gay.  The only time he was turned on by a "chick" was when the homeland security people were training them.  He told the asian agent that he was strangely attracted to her in her outfit. He said that usually he would only think about how nice the outfit would look on him! Turns out in the next episode that "she" was a "he".  All of Dangles guys were trying to get in "her" pants too
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I remember some interview with that actor, he said that the shorts were actually so tight that they hurt after awhile, LOL
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Actually there was an episode where Dangle's estranged wife shows up and wants a divorce, has all the papers etc....she found another guy who owns a flower shop or something.

She gets up to go to the bathroom and Dangle and her new guy are flirting.

This show really cracks me up and I wasn't too crazy about it the first time I saw it (some episodes are hit-or-miss)
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Thats right, forgot about the X.  That episode where he asks Jones to help him move is funny. Jones thinks everybody will be showing up to help but nobody else was invited.  Turns out that he's only moving 2 trailers down.  Damn that was a funny one!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Wow... you figured that out on your own.

Hell, the first thing that the guy playing Dangle ever said was, "Sure, sometimes me c**k pops out of it, but I'm proud to wear this uniform."
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I just started watching this show and its damn funny, is it a inside joke about the body armor? I missed most of the early episodes

Because he's a stupid redneck.

I loved the episode where Dangle is shooting at his RV and Junior comes out and says "what ya doing, shootin' trailers?"

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#27]
The cops in Tijuana wear it that way too.

Jr is my favorite character. the scene during the board of inquiry was great. they made him take off his sunglasses and he couldnt see shit "I'm the best shot on the department."

I dont usually workm uniformed patrol, but i got ordered to work on the 4th of july.  Had to cut my hair and shave, so in protest I cut my hair and trimmed my mustache just like Jr, and wore a pair of black aviator sunglasses just like his. My Sgt's and the Chief didnt get the joke. Some of the youngers guys couldnt stop laughing all night.  I thought about doing the same for the departments annual photo, but decided against it.  if i get killed this year i dont want the obuituary photo to be my Jr impersonation.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

"A crime fighting cheetah.."
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Jr is my favorite character. the scene during the board of inquiry was great. they made him take off his sunglasses and he couldnt see shit "I'm the best shot on the department."

When I saw that he was cross-eyed and he mentioned that he was the best shot, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.  Love that show.  Hope it gets renewed for next season.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Dangle is gay.  The only time he was turned on by a "chick" was when the homeland security people were training them.  He told the asian agent that he was strangely attracted to her in her outfit. He said that usually he would only think about how nice the outfit would look on him! Turns out in the next episode that "she" was a "he".  All of Dangles guys were trying to get in "her" pants too

That asian chick was a hottie!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I dont usually workm uniformed patrol, but i got ordered to work on the 4th of july.  Had to cut my hair and shave, so in protest I cut my hair and trimmed my mustache just like Jr, and wore a pair of black aviator sunglasses just like his. My Sgt's and the Chief didnt get the joke. Some of the youngers guys couldnt stop laughing all night.  I thought about doing the same for the departments annual photo, but decided against it.  if i get killed this year i dont want the obuituary photo to be my Jr impersonation.

I think you just one the award for "Coolest Cop Ever."

LOL!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top