Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2001 1:06:03 PM EDT
I am looking at a colt, armalite and b/master nat't match models.  which mfg's have the most reliable, trouble free model?  all are used post-ban, like new, any ideas on fair price for these?  too many choices...
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any would be a good pick. I'd go with Armalite myself. My M15A2 shoots very well and fit and finish are outstanding.sgb[:)]
View Quote

DITTODITTODITTO, just don't buy a NEW Colt!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I would go with Armilite or a bushmaster! forget
colt unless you can get a good deal on a preban
model. i have a bushmaster, and i wnat to get another one soon.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not a new Colt?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Take a BUSHY thats my two cents!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I admit to having used my B-master DCM from time to time in USPSA matches,forty round mags, cheapo S&B or that South African ammo thats around now,and for a couple thousand rounds, (jeez I hate to say this out loud) it has never skipped a beat.Kinda heavy to swing around though.Keep it clean and WELL oiled,and she'll go.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By az gunner:
Why not a new Colt?
View Quote

[left]Because there expensive more than i would pay for one then you stuck with oversize pins then you have to find colt parts then pay a higher price for these parts. i heard they change the newest models a bit but still have the large pins. also if this company had to drastically change the gun because i feel they mistrust us or something. i go with bushmaster these guns are the closest to the original preban early colt's has possible.[/left]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Colt or Bushmaster...I own both...have never had 1 problem with either...Both very good shooters.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I was looking to get a new ar carbine. Picked up a couple NEW bushy ak's for 739.00 at the local shop. Upper/lower fit was very sloppy and parkerizing was worn on barrel and brake.??????My buddy bought one new and it jams frequently in rapid fire. In the bushmaser industry forems that seems to be a frequently asked question "Hey Jared my bushy jams" [whacko]

Bought a nib colt 6530 for 800.00 shiped at GunBroker. No breakin required.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an Armalite 15A2 I have fired at least 2000 rds thru it, and at times have not cleaned it properly just to see if it would malfuction.
So far no luck it will eat anything from steel case to the good stuff.
On the other hand I have 16 inch Bushmaster. It is a fine rifle but after about 200 rds begins to jam. Now granted the bushmaster is new in that it has only had 5oo rds ran thru it so I hope a little more range time will help the reliability problem.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Go Colt or Bushmaster. MG ME, Do you change your pins out all the time or what. Colt & Bushie can provide all the parts you need. No one here knows why colt changed their stuff. They dont trust you (right!) or this, Make the rifles hard to convert so class 2 people cant make money off our excellent product, therefor the public can only buy colt class 3  from Colt and we get the money.  who knows?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I have Armalites and have nothing but good luck with them. I won't buy another kind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top