Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2010 5:03:50 PM EDT
Today I upgraded my old router to a shiny new N band.  Set it up and verified I was connected to everything.  Used the browser interface to adjust the settings so everything matched the old one.  Everything was working...so it seemed.

First problem was my Vonage router would connect but would no longer pass through the other desktop.  Put it back in front of the router and everything was restricted.  Right now I have it on a separate dedicated line with nothing on the output and it is "working".  Next I noticed my wireless printer was no longer connected.  I had it print the settings and my address had changed.  Checked my laptop and desktop and they had changed also.  I am guessing that the new router didn't recognize the changes I had made to the Vonage router, but now it has assigned a new address so I can't access it through the web interface.  I changed the address in my printer setup and it is working again just fine, and typed the changed address into my browser and the interface opened up.

I did try resetting the Vonage router as well as resetting the defaults through the menu but I couldn't pull up the address (guessing it is changed) and the router has the old address still listed in the information.

Is there a way to see what the device addresses are on my network?  I'd like to have control over everything again if possible.

*I did have Cisco's Network Magic software installed on the desktop for network monitoring but the ip's listed were still different than the devices.  It was a free version and has already been removed (seemed like it was using more resources than the benefit it would provide).
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

you can check the DHCP Active IP Table to see whats connected.

That did it.  I wasn't sure what to look for but I found it now.  Thanks.

Linksys/ Cisco products have been a PITA ever since they released them without the antenna's.  i no longer suggest using them to my customers

i have setup Vonage all of once,  do they have a tech support number to help you with the issue?

They do but from my experience with them already they know what they have and not what to do with 3rd party stuff.  Of course, it all depends on who is on the other end of the phone.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top