User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2011 2:27:41 AM EDT
I want to paint my truck Magpul FDE

this pic is Brownels Alumihide in Coyote

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 2:33:18 AM EDT
[#1]
1. Take PMag to paint shop
2. Ask the nice man for a sample pot of the correct type of paint matched to the colour of your pmag.
3. Test
4. If it's right, order 5 gallons
5. If not, take it back to be darkened/lightened, get a new sample pot...return to 3.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 2:40:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Take a sample to a Sherwin Williams Automobile Paint store.  They should be able to match it for you and put it in spray cans if you want.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 2:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Sherwin Williams has matched off the wall wood stain colors for me, they should have no trouble matching that for you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 3:25:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Not knocking FDE or anything, but the standard BDU pattern looks pretty slick.   A while back I got on a FDE kick on everything, and near the end I got pretty sick of the color.  BDU or OD looks great man, but to each his own I guess

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Rapco paint

I wanna say the stuff they sell is CARC paint? Good stuff, available in rattle cans or by the gallon...
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Rapco paint

I wanna say the stuff they sell is CARC paint? Good stuff, available in rattle cans or by the gallon...

wow great price, I could mix field drab brown and tan. Could get me real close to FDE

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Rapco paint

It's CARC substitute.  Not the real stuff.  I've used their stuff.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I duracoated my bicycle FDE.

It's pretty tactical, if I do say so myself.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
1. Take PMag to automotive paint shop
2. Ask the nice man for a sample pot of the correct type of paint matched to the colour of your pmag.
3. Test
4. If it's right, order 5 gallons
5. If not, take it back to be darkened/lightened, get a new sample pot...return to 3.

FIFY.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Not sure you will need 5 gallons if you are going to spray it from a gun.  I have painted cars with multiple coats with under a gallon.  Then again, maybe it does.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#11]
This is so not a tag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top