Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 1:48:18 PM EDT
well??? what does it mean?? don't just hint at the answer or beat around the bush. give me the full god-awful truth. i've never been called a troll (to my knowledge)...

it seems to be a derogatory term. i don't mean thre thing you do with boats to catch fish.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
trolling is the practice of throwing out controversial statements to stir up trouble.

generally not a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It's when you cast your line over one side of the boat & slowly drift with the current in your attempt to catch a large fish. [:o)][:o)][:o)]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's when you cast your line over one side of the boat & slowly drift with the current in your attempt to catch a large fish. [:o)][:o)][:o)]

ColtShorty

View Quote

NO, that's Mooching

It means to sing heartily.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]

[url]http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/troll.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#5]
It's shytte-stirring for the sake of shytte-stirring.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks lurker. i got it.

i told you smartasses not to put stuff about boats... (coltshorty i'm looking at you...lol)

i'm just kidding colt.

examples of trolling:
-aren't all you guys just kill crazy, wacko, idiouts?
-i have a ridicously expensive suv with 4x4 that i never-ever take off raod, i voted fro gore, and i HATE guns, etc. etc.

seriosly i actually had a friend like the last one.. i asked what he thought about guns one day... he said" i think all guns should be taken away and melted", he wants an electric new volks beetle, and would prolly vote for gore, if we didn't live in canada, also just found out he's bi-sexual...

i was gonna say don't pick on him, but... what the f do i care??

go right ahead.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm, I'am usually Trolling when I am fishing......[:D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, you got it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#10]
lol rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

my friend told me, neither he or i are packing(ass that is). the guy lives in ontario, now i'm still in nb with my frind, he told my frind over the phone.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[b]trolling is the practice of throwing out controversial statements to stir up trouble.[/b]

[b]generally not a good idea.
View Quote
[/b]

Or another way to say it is:
Saying what you believe is right and "some people" just can't accept that you have a differing point of view so they resort to lobbing personal insults or cry out that your thinking is flawed and they are right and you are wrong and declare you a "Troll".

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#13]
thanks for the welcome.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"With friends like that . . ."
View Quote

Who needs enemas? [sex]

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#16]
what's an enema?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#18]
ok. here goes, i'm guessing this has somehting to do with me being the fng.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
what's an enema?
View Quote

[moon][>(]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Trolling is:

going into a bar/niteclub with your dick hanging out and walking backwards!! Having all of the chicks following behind.
[:D]

Quoted:
well??? what does it mean?? don't just hint at the answer or beat around the bush. give me the full god-awful truth. i've never been called a troll (to my knowledge)...

it seems to be a derogatory term. i don't mean thre thing you do with boats to catch fish.

OffRoad
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Trolling: the act of dragging Bin Laden through shark infested waters with a helicopter [beer]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Trolling: the act of dragging Bin Laden through shark infested waters with a helicopter [beer]
View Quote

With saline solution to keep the blood pumping.  Make sure to pick him out of the water to catch his breath prolonging the ordeal.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#23]
This is not the time for you paranoids to post your tin-foil hat conspiracies.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I think Bin Laden is a good guy and should be shown some respect.  His followers will go to heaven and get a pile of virgins and a diet coke.  Those who kill themselves for the cause will get even more virgins and a six pack of diet coke.  But only if they're brave enough to kill others who are completely unaware of them.

I thought about buying a gun once, but then I grew up.  You people are morons.  If you're that insecure, buy a parrot.  At least they will repeat your worthless drivel so you can pretend you have a friend.

It would be a far more intelligent friend then you are.

Oh yea, don't forget to teach your kids that guns are bad.  Very bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top