Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 11:18:11 PM EDT
Well another night without sleep insomnia as kicked my ass once again not a single ounce of sleep. I have a few major certification test to take today before i can hit the floor next week and start building hardware. (aerospace industry).

Any tips from the hive to keep me going through the day? I figured a little coffee when i arrive and to try to stand up and move around every hour. Hopefully this is the last night of this i got to the sleep center tonight for a sleep study so im hoping they will find a solution.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i don't sleep much and the only time i drags me down is if i don't drink plenty of water in the day or eat something in the morning.  food and water will keep you going. drugs will drag you down as the hours go by.  carbs are your friend

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Modafinil
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well another night without sleep insomnia as kicked my ass once again not a single ounce of sleep. I have a few major certification test to take today before i can hit the floor next week and start building hardware. (aerospace industry).

Any tips from the hive to keep me going through the day? I figured a little coffee when i arrive and to try to stand up and move around every hour. Hopefully this is the last night of this i got to the sleep center tonight for a sleep study so im hoping they will find a solution.

Redbull
One a hour should do you. I've stayed up almost 48 hours doing that. Another thing is make sure you eat. I've notice when I'm running on no sleep I lose my appetite.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]
coke

the drink
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm right there with ya, brother.  I'm posting from work in an empty building. Just waiting for 0530 to roll around and then I can do the things I need to do and then go home.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm right there with ya, brother.  I'm posting from work in an empty building. Just waiting for 0530 to roll around and then I can do the things I need to do and then go home.

luckily im still in my last week of training. If i wasn't i would be calling in and telling my supervisor. I sure as hell dont want to be at work making hardware that saves are service mens life while tired. One mistake is all it takes for the system not to fire and one of are service men to die.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#7]
5 hour energy drinks are good too. I wouldn't be throwing them back one after the other though.  Staying on my feet helps me through the day.  IF I sit, game over.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a medical marijuana card for insomnia.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
5 hour energy drinks are good too. I wouldn't be throwing them back one after the other though.  Staying on my feet helps me through the day.  IF I sit, game over.

ya ill give one a shot on the way to work. ya ill be sitting all day. have a bit of soldering to do first thing little bit of surface mount nothing big. then its on the computer taking cert test.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

5 hour energy drinks are good too. I wouldn't be throwing them back one after the other though. Staying on my feet helps me through the day. IF I sit, game over.

ya ill give one a shot on the way to work. ya ill be sitting all day. have a bit of soldering to do first thing little bit of surface mount nothing big. then its on the computer taking cert test.
Good luck.

I had a buddy who went to Soldering School. It's pretty difficult from what I understand.  They would give the students cards that were busted and they would have to use a solder sucker to remove a component and then reattach a new component. I told him that when he finished he should just jump up make and x across his crotch with his forearms and yell "Solder suck this, Bitch".  

He did

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

coke
the drink

crack
the rock

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:01:46 AM EDT
[#12]
One tip: Eat lightly. Don't eat a heavy breakfast or lunch. Food in yer stomach makes the blood go there; this makes you sleepy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top