Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 8:59:53 AM EDT
who has had it? how long was your recovery?

I'm about 11 days in and I still have no feeling or control of my pinky/ring finger.

Doc says it is normal... I'm not buying it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How long did you have symptoms?
It can take a while for the nerves to wake up. Scarring/swelling can also be a factor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
How long did you have symptoms?
It can take a while for the nerves to wake up. Scarring/swelling can also be a factor.
pre surgery symptoms were:
Fingers felt asleep most of the time but I had control of them, occasionally they would burn likes bee stings or fire ants. Doc told my wife the nerve was "really tight".

symptoms were present for about 6 months.

now, I cannot feel anything. occasionally achy pain in the meat of my hand.

Did you feel any release the day of the surgery?
I don't know...
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah with just 6 mos of symptoms you should have felt a release or at least a reduction of symptoms. It's possible that the nerve did not get fully released with the surgery. Definitely bring it up at your follow up appt.
You could also have issues further up the CNS like a bulged disk or some other trauma.

Good luck, hope you get it worked out.
View Quote
pre surgery, on a scale of one to ten I would have listed a 4-5.

Post, at best it's an 8.

noticed some discoloration in my pinky today.

I have another call in to the Doc today but I'd doubt I'll bet him before the Thurs Apt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top