Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2002 4:36:24 AM EDT
tell me what the difference between what happened 9/11 and what the political whores on capital hill did at 3:00am. that being passing the so-called campaign finance reform act. Even a amendment to guarantee the "act" would not deny Americans their first amemnment rights was shot down.
An attack on America is an attack on America regardless of it's form. McCain, Glenn and so many others, Traitors all. 220 years ago, they'd be dragged from their cushie offices and strung up. Now days we ring our hands and wet our pants. How truly pathetic the people of this country have become.[soapbox]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You are correct.....Could it be possible the same "terrorists" comitted both acts?? [peep]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#2]
You got that right. When will people wake up and realize the freedoms being taken away from them. My guess would be "When its to late". Americas the freest nation in the world FOR THE TIME BEING.I can't understand why so many Republicans went along with it. I stopped trying to figure people out a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I took an ntro to American politics class last spring at college and McCain was spouting off about campaign finance reform then so we discussed it.
Even my admittedly liberal democrat teacher thought it was a bad idea and would stifle free speech by hurting lobbying groups that are made up of ordinary citizens, who can only get their voice heard by joinging together in groups based on common ideas, like the NRA for one example.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can't understand why so many Republicans went along with it. I stopped trying to figure people out a long time ago.
View Quote

"RINOs" - Liberal Democ[b]rat[/b] infil[b]traitors[/b] in the Republican party.  They've had that gameplan since the Reagan Revolution. It's no accident, it's by design.

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#5]
whats that i hear? a high speed fan maby? oh wait, theres a brown thingie flying twards it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top